How can I be prettier? Watch

:-))
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Amyspandas94)
I have really scarred skin and a red face consistently and I guess I accepted that unless I want to get up super early in the morning and apply a load of make up which would make me have more acne and have more scarring then I learned to like my appearance. I was always bullied for it at school and sometimes I would look at my own reflection and think "god, I am so ugly" and then I realised that there is so much more to me than just my face and I also learned love both the days I wear make up and the days I don't.
Thanks
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Confidence
RG250
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by :-)))
I'm rlly ugly hehe but I guess basically what I'm asking is how can I get a glow up? (like should I use face masks, have a skin care routine etc.)
I'm gonna be that one cringy person in the comments.

Your pretty just the way you are in your own beautiful way x
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Amyspandas94)
I have really scarred skin and a red face consistently and I guess I accepted that unless I want to get up super early in the morning and apply a load of make up which would make me have more acne and have more scarring then I learned to like my appearance. I was always bullied for it at school and sometimes I would look at my own reflection and think "god, I am so ugly" and then I realised that there is so much more to me than just my face and I also learned love both the days I wear make up and the days I don't.
There's a face mask from Lush called "Rosy Cheeks" which can help calm redness.
Rep:
?
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
Confidence
I wish
It just disappeared in year 8 hehe
----_----
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I have no idea what you look like but my general tips are:
skin care (although i dont care too much as long as its not too bad youll be fine imo)
hair cuts and styles, get a new hair cut, maybe a shorter one or a fringe or something. Ask your hairdresser for advice.
then most importantly is style. East asian and Scandinavians have the best style imo, simple and timeless pieces
Rep:
?
(Original post by ----_----)
I have no idea what you look like but my general tips are:
skin care (although i dont care too much as long as its not too bad youll be fine imo)
hair cuts and styles, get a new hair cut, maybe a shorter one or a fringe or something. Ask your hairdresser for advice.
then most importantly is style. East asian and Scandinavians have the best style imo, simple and timeless pieces
Thanks
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You're beautiful just the way you are

If you wanna perfect you're skin, I'd recommend to just start a cleanse, tone, moisturize and protect routine and then go from there and explore. Know what your skin type is and do your research if you plan on purchasing anything that could be harmful to your skin. If you wanna get an instant glow once in a while, I highly recommend getting HydraFacial's, light therapy etc. theres so many to choose from
Rep:
?
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
You're beautiful just the way you are

If you wanna perfect you're skin, I'd recommend to just start a cleanse, tone and moisturize and protect routine and then go from there and explore. Know what your skin type is and do your research if you plan on purchasing anything that could be harmful to your skin. If you wanna get an instant glow once in a while, I highly recommend getting HydraFacial's, light therapy etc. theres so many to choose from
Thank you appreciate it
Deggs_14
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm rlly ugly hehe but I guess basically what I'm asking is how can I get a glow up? (like should I use face masks, have a skin care routine etc.)
By appreciating and valuing your self worth, by knowing that you’re loved and important and by just being yourself
----_----
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thanks
also with make up, a little goes a long way. Idk what you look like again but a cute sort of blushy look works well imo for most people
Rep:
?
(Original post by ----_----)
also with make up, a little goes a long way. Idk what you look like again but a cute sort of blushy look works well imo for most people
Thanks again
Rep:
?
(Original post by Deggs_14)
By appreciating and valuing your self worth, by knowing that you’re loved and important and by just being yourself
Aw thanks
OctoberRain7
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
A new attitude towards your appearance is free and instantly makes you more attractive
Kilam_Namoan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No face pics- my generic answer is make-up + face surgery + gym if you are an average female. If you're an average guy- then maybe gym + get rich and famous + face surgery.
Yasmin1224
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Watch this video
Riannnne
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Okay Ive got a hand full of tips:
- Everything starts at skincare and hygiene,
1. make sure your teeth are clean and white.
2. Make sure you wash your face at least twice a day,
3. try to do face masks for example clay masks 1-2 times a week so that it can clear out your pores
4. Your skincare in general should consist of a toner and moisturiser
5. Make sure you always smell good
6. Figure out what type of hairstyle you would suit and also experiment with your hairstyles
7. If you want to wear makeup get the bare minimum and use lipgloss, mascara eyebrow gel.
8.find your personal style and wear clothes that compliments your body type

Hope you found this helpful ☺️
Rep:
?
(Original post by OctoberRain7)
A new attitude towards your appearance is free and instantly makes you more attractive
Thank u
sweehee
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
try makeup. upgrade your style. clothes make a huge difference.
PollyParrot23
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm gonna go with the opposite of what most people have said. I used to struggle with acne and marks from acne but besides from antibiotics to help clear my skin, the best thing I did was stop with all the masks and cleansers and scrubs that were causing my skin to be redder and prone to irritation.

I get the occasional spot but just use Savlon, other than that the only product that goes on my face is suncream. I wash my face with cold water morning, night and after a workout.

Other than that, food and exercise are great for helping you look and feel better. Don't stress too much about what you eat but aim to get a well balanced diet rich in fruit and veggies. Exercise is fab for a number of reasons. First and obvious it helps you tone up which can help you look better and feel more confident. It can also boost blood circulation to your skin. Endorphins released by exercise can reduce stress which again can help you feel better.

Lots and lots of fluids are always a good move too. Milk is actually better at hydrating you than water! The last thing would be plenty of high quality sleep to help your body rest and repair and keep you looking and feeling refreshed.

In terms of clothes, hair and makeup there isn't a one size fits all really- it's all about what suits you personally. Experiment a little bit, research what is likely to suit your figure and colouring.

Looking great is about finding yourself and your own style that embraces and enhances your unique looks Remember there's not just one way to be beautiful- there's loads of good looking people out there who all have completely different looks but often what makes someone glow is because they're not trying too hard to force a look or copy someone else.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (2)
9.52%
Disagree (2)
9.52%
Neither agree or disagree (7)
33.33%
Agree (6)
28.57%
Strongly Agree (4)
19.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise