The Student Room Group

How can I send a post to an Oxford student?

Hi!
I want it to be a surprise but I don't know her individual post box adress. Will the name and faculty be enough?
I would send it to her college as opposed to faculty (assuming she's a student there not lecturer)
name and college address should be fine
If its an undergrad just send it to the college. Full name of student with name and address of college is sufficient.

If its a graduate scientist I'd send it to the department.
Thank you so much for your answers!

Where can I find an example of what should be written on envelope (the exact address & order of... words?)? You see, I live in another country and don't have a clue about this whole thing. And I want to be sure the letter will reach the person :c

Oh, and she is undergraduate, yes.
Joe Bloggs
Merton College
Oxford
United Kingdom
OX1 4JD (the postcode - you can Google this).

I used to work in the Post Office all they really want is the house number (or in this case, college name) and postcode (plus country in this case obv)
Umm...
So I should address it to Oxford university and write a faculty?

Thank you so much for answering 😊
Original post by ignorealiens
Umm...
So I should address it to Oxford university and write a faculty?

Thank you so much for answering 😊

No - NOT the faculty as the student does not live there - they live in a college. So you you need to check which COLLEGE they live in - as above said it may be Merton College, St.Johns College, Wadham College etc - not the subject they are studying.
Jemima Ponystroker

St Hilda's College

Oxford

OXON

England

OX4 1DY
Clearly you wish to surprise someone you care about, you need to subtly ask in conversation - ‘oh, so you got into Oxford University to study [history]- which COLLEGE did you get into? and they will say ‘Christchurch’ ....or.... ‘Braesnose’ or St.Hildas - then you will know where to send it. There are around 36 colleges or so, so just sending it to Oxford University will not work.
Oh oh I know the college name. Now everything is clear. Thanks everyone!
Original post by ignorealiens
Oh oh I know the college name. Now everything is clear. Thanks everyone!

Name & college defo enough - I got stuff delivered to me when I was at Oxford summer school at St Ed hall.

Just one thing though: if it's a surprise, she might not get notified about the delivery because I had to always go down and check whether the package had actually appeared.
Original post by rags2riches
Name & college defo enough - I got stuff delivered to me when I was at Oxford summer school at St Ed hall.

Just one thing though: if it's a surprise, she might not get notified about the delivery because I had to always go down and check whether the package had actually appeared

Thank you~

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending