febreze
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
So in RS I am predicted a Grade 9 but I am unsure to how to go about my revision (going into Year 10) .
I'm doing AQA Religious Studies A (Christianity and Islam)
I already have an Oxford AQA textbook which is really good and brief as well as a booklet my school has provided.
I have attempted to make notes but I feel that it won't work for me, but I have started to make a list of quotes for each subtopic.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Incede
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by febreze)
Hi,
So in RS I am predicted a Grade 9 but I am unsure to how to go about my revision (going into Year 10) .
I'm doing AQA Religious Studies A (Christianity and Islam)
I already have an Oxford AQA textbook which is really good and brief as well as a booklet my school has provided.
I have attempted to make notes but I feel that it won't work for me, but I have started to make a list of quotes for each subtopic.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Hi, i got a 9 doing the exact same exams as you.

Memorise a lot of quotes from each subtopic as you are doing currently and make sure your exam technique is perfect. You can also memorise a short answer for possible questions that could come up so you immediately have something to write about and spend less time thinking in the exam.
SlightlySummer
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Practice papers are key, because there's a trend in them. For example, the question about God's omnibenevolence and existence of suffering and evil is a question that appears over and over again.

Also, I would suggest making Quizlet sets with all the quotations and teachings, so they'll stick in your head (this is the technique I used)
febreze
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Incede)
Hi, i got a 9 doing the exact same exams as you.

Memorise a lot of quotes from each subtopic as you are doing currently and make sure your exam technique is perfect. You can also memorise a short answer for possible questions that could come up so you immediately have something to write about and spend less time thinking in the exam.)
is there anything you did to revise the content (make notes, flashcards, mindmaps) also congrats on the 9 i am aiming for that too but it might be a little bit overenthusiastic
Incede
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by febreze)
is there anything you did to revise the content (make notes, flashcards, mindmaps) also congrats on the 9 i am aiming for that too but it might be a little bit overenthusiastic
I don't remember much as it was last year but i made notes on all possible questions that could be asked and had a quotation for each to back it up, then i memorised these. Our teacher went through all of this and he was super helpful so I didn't use a textbook but you probably should use the textbook to learn the content.
thrifty_reviser
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://quizlet.com/class/6237597/ only covers a bit of your content but should be helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (51)
18.28%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (78)
27.96%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (103)
36.92%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (37)
13.26%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed