Want more information about this university?
deLaRuZ
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I'm moving into my accommodation on September 28th. I was wondering if i'm able to bring my PC with me, as this is what I will be using to do most of my work, and using my laptops for lectures and stuff.

Thanks.
Last edited by deLaRuZ; 1 year ago
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by deLaRuZ)
Hi, I'm moving into my accommodation on September 28th. I was wondering if i'm able to bring my PC with me, as this is what I will be using to do most of my work, and using my laptops for lectures and stuff.

Thanks.
Hello there :hello:

The inspection and testing of electrical equipment both portable and fixed is a
requirement under health and safety legislation.

You are able to bring your PC with you but any electrical items you bring to your halls of residence must be PAT tested, unless the items are less than 12 months old and in good condition (proof of purchase will be required).
Shortly after your moving in date, we will contact you to advise of the date that we will provide a member of staff to your hall, who will test any portable electrical appliances you have brought with you.

During the year, if any of your electrical equipment is noticed as not displaying a University PAT testing sticker, as per your Accommodation Contract this item will be removed.

Hope this helps!

Ruth :zorro:
deLaRuZ
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hello there :hello:

The inspection and testing of electrical equipment both portable and fixed is a
requirement under health and safety legislation.

You are able to bring your PC with you but any electrical items you bring to your halls of residence must be PAT tested, unless the items are less than 12 months old and in good condition (proof of purchase will be required).
Shortly after your moving in date, we will contact you to advise of the date that we will provide a member of staff to your hall, who will test any portable electrical appliances you have brought with you.

During the year, if any of your electrical equipment is noticed as not displaying a University PAT testing sticker, as per your Accommodation Contract this item will be removed.

Hope this helps!

Ruth :zorro:
Thanks!
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by deLaRuZ)
Thanks!
You are welcome. If you need any more help and advice please ask.

Dom :bhangra:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (85)
14.05%
I'm not sure (27)
4.46%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (190)
31.4%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.15%
I'm not a current university student (290)
47.93%

Watched Threads