Tkt12345
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi all
I'm going to start this as a place where all people who are going into year 12 in Sept 2019 and are studying alevel ocr geography can come and chat about GEOGRAPHY!
I am hoping that we will all be able to discuss our work and help each other out.
If you are studying this subject and exam board feel free to add how your feeling and what you are expecting it to be like etc
xS1m
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Well I’m going into Year 13 but I study Geography OCR! Also planning on studying it at university
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by xS1m)
Well I’m going into Year 13 but I study Geography OCR! Also planning on studying it at university
Exactly the same with me! Hellooooooooooooooo there!
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I do the options
-Coastal Systems
-Changing Spaces Making Places
-Earth Life Support Systems
-Global Migration
-Human Rights
-Hazardous Earth
-Disease Dilemmas
xS1m
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hiiii!!!! Ah we do glaciation and power and borders instead of the coast and migration
Last edited by xS1m; 4 months ago
xS1m
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Deggs_14)
I do the options
-Coastal Systems
-Changing Spaces Making Places
-Earth Life Support Systems
-Global Migration
-Human Rights
-Hazardous Earth
-Disease Dilemmas
Have you started your NEA?
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I’m working on my NEA at the moment, I’ve spent the last days on my data presentation and I can truly say I HATE MICROSOFT EXCEL AND MAKING GRAPHS ON STUPID COMPUTERS UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I’ve hand written most of my graphs so I’ll scan them into the computer.

And I need to do a “fancy special graph technique” to get the higher marks but I suck at computers. I want to do a proportional symbol graph of my river discharge as I recorded the longitude and latitude of each site but I don’t know how to use ARCGIS at all.
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by xS1m)
Have you started your NEA?
Yeah I’ve been working on it (on and off) since January. I didn’t do anything in March as I had mocks, but I’ve sort of left it to the end of the holiday 😩.
xS1m
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I’m working on my NEA at the moment, I’ve spent the last days on my data presentation and I can truly say I HATE MICROSOFT EXCEL AND MAKING GRAPHS ON STUPID COMPUTERS UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I’ve hand written most of my graphs so I’ll scan them into the computer.

And I need to do a “fancy special graph technique” to get the higher marks but I suck at computers. I want to do a proportional symbol graph of my river discharge as I recorded the longitude and latitude of each site but I don’t know how to use ARCGIS at all.
IM STRUGGLING WITH THE SAME THING!! I’m so bad at computers

Luckily during the summer we just have to collect all our data and we don’t have to create any graphs until school starts.

What have you decided to do yours on?

My question is “assess the extent to which crime and anti social behaviour levels have impacted the local people’s attachment to place among the ward of (my home town)”
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by xS1m)

Luckily during the summer we just have to collect all our data and we don’t have to create any graphs until school starts.

My question is “assess the extent to which crime and anti social behaviour levels have impacted the local people’s attachment to place among the ward of (my home town)”
Oh dear I don’t have a title yet for mine, I need to make one 😂

at at the moment I guess it’s “An investigation into discharge and sediment angularity along the River Horner, Somerset, UK”
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by xS1m)

I dropped ICT in like year 9 and never paid attention in lessons so I guess I only have myself to blame but eugh I hate computers, I much prefer pen and paper.
Lozc3
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I am going into year 13 and also study OCR geography alevel. Does anyone study the powers and borders topic?
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Lozc3)
I am going into year 13 and also study OCR geography alevel. Does anyone study the powers and borders topic?
I’d love to study that as I love looking into geopolitics, unfortunately I think my teacher has chosen the other topic human rights
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Oh I study french, maths and chemistry as well
xS1m
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Lozc3)
We’re studying it in Year 13
Lozc3
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Oh it’s interesting but there are lots of new key terms to learn. I’m hoping for an A/A* in geography and was wondering if anyone had good revision techniques. I find practise questions for ocr geography quite hard to find 😬
xS1m
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Oh I study french, maths and chemistry as well
French? Oh gosh I could never go through another two years of French, had enough at GCSE😂

I study English Literature and Sociology too
xS1m
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Lozc3)
Oh it’s interesting but there are lots of new key terms to learn. I’m hoping for an A/A* in geography and was wondering if anyone had good revision techniques. I find practise questions for ocr geography quite hard to find 😬
Same here! I’ve only managed to find like one practice paper it sucks

I usually find flashcards good and I add questions on the back of them. For case studies I usually just make notes in a notebook. I only learn by rewriting things over and over - it’s a long process but oh well.

If you’re an audio learner you could try recording your notes then listening to it whenever you have free time e.g. on your way to school.

Otherwise mindmaps and sticking post-it notes around your house with key terms also work too.
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by xS1m)
French? Oh gosh I could never go through another two years of French, had enough at GCSE😂

I study English Literature and Sociology too
Yeah french was my best subject at GCSE I got 240/240 in the exams and I loved it until about February when both of my teachers left all of a sudden, I found that quite shocking and then I haven’t been enthusiastic or passionate about french ever since. I was always told by my teachers “it’s your passion, your best subject” and when I went on holiday to Mauritius I was just embarrassed and ashamed to speak French for some reason I don’t know why. I don’t hate it now but I don’t have any passion or a “spark” for it like I used to
xS1m
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yeah french was my best subject at GCSE I got 240/240 in the exams and I loved it until about February when both of my teachers left all of a sudden, I found that quite shocking and then I haven’t been enthusiastic or passionate about french ever since. I was always told by my teachers “it’s your passion, your best subject” and when I went on holiday to Mauritius I was just embarrassed and ashamed to speak French for some reason I don’t know why. I don’t hate it now but I don’t have any passion or a “spark” for it like I used to
Full marks? Daaamn, congratulations! I’m sorry to hear you don’t have the same spark as you used to it’s so awful when you lose the joy in something you once loved to do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (133)
52.57%
No (120)
47.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed