schoolsuxs
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i was set on applying for medicine and my predicted grades werent great however i thought if i could get a good score in my ucat then i would be able to push them up more, but now that i took it and it wasnt great im trying to apply for biomed/biochem any ideas on how to adapt my personal statement (already written for medicine) and work experience?
Ssholie14
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What are you’re predicted grades?
Asd901
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by karxxmah)
i was set on applying for medicine and my predicted grades werent great however i thought if i could get a good score in my ucat then i would be able to push them up more, but now that i took it and it wasnt great im trying to apply for biomed/biochem any ideas on how to adapt my personal statement (already written for medicine) and work experience?
What score did you get in your UKCAT
DGeorge13
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are you eligible for contextual offers or foundation years
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
...any ideas on how to adapt my personal statement (already written for medicine) and work experience?
For this question (which I think no one has answered yet), the answer is it doesn't matter. The (non-Oxbridge!) biomed / biochem admissions tutors are well used to getting potential medical students applying to them as a backup, so they will still consider you on your academic grades. I submitted a 100% medicine PS to UCL for biomed and they gave me an offer without even an interview.

But seriously, consider what the others say.
replyplzbish
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
lol I submitted a medicine personal statement for a finance course or something and got the offer. I wouldn't worry. You could get rid of some of the work experience stuff if you wanted to but it doesn't really matter.
schoolsuxs
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ssholie14)
What are you’re predicted grades?
A , B (for chem but if i get A's in the tests we have when we go back to school then my teacher said she would put it up to an A) and a c for bio
schoolsuxs
Rep:
?
(Original post by Asd901)
What score did you get in your UKCAT
610 on average with a band 3
schoolsuxs
Rep:
?
(Original post by DGeorge13)
Are you eligible for contextual offers or foundation years
not really
schoolsuxs
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
For this question (which I think no one has answered yet), the answer is it doesn't matter. The (non-Oxbridge!) biomed / biochem admissions tutors are well used to getting potential medical students applying to them as a backup, so they will still consider you on your academic grades. I submitted a 100% medicine PS to UCL for biomed and they gave me an offer without even an interview.

But seriously, consider what the others say.
thankyou!! i will just try to tailor my medical work experience to biochem
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (699)
33.88%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (880)
42.66%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.46%

Watched Threads