klywi03
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I just thought I'd make a little GYG blog to document my progress/thoughts and grades throughout the school year, as I will be starting year 12 next week, yikes lol.
:party::party:
A-LEVELS
I will be taking: - Chemistry
- Biology
- History
:nyan:
My GCSE Grades
Maths - A
Numeracy - B
English Lit - B
English Language - A
Double Science - AA
Geography - A*
Psychology - 8
History - A
Welsh - A

FUTURE PLANS :smartass:
My dream is to study dentistry at university and eventually become a dentist :crossedf:
Last edited by klywi03; 1 month ago
mpaprika
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
fellow Welshie, please tag me (we're also taking both bio and chemistry so we can cry about how horrid wjec is together) https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...6094702&page=3 < my gyg if you're interested to have another place to cry about wjec the snakes
mpaprika
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
BEST OF LUCK!:yeah:
klywi03
Rep:
?
(Original post by mpaprika)
fellow Welshie, please tag me (we're also taking both bio and chemistry so we can cry about how horrid wjec is together) https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...6094702&page=3 < my gyg if you're interested to have another place to cry about wjec the snakes
Yes how unlucky that we have to deal with WJEC *gag* + ofc I will tag u for updates; tag me also to your GYG, as we can cry together during our a-level experience lmao
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Moved this to the 2019/20 forum. good luck with 6th form!
klywi03
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Moved this to the 2019/20 forum. good luck with 6th form!
Thank you!
mez_merising
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what's the difference between maths and numeracy?
mpaprika
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mez_merising)
what's the difference between maths and numeracy?
maths is normal maths like volume of a cube whilst numeracy is an extra welsh qualification that makes all the questions have context ei. Sally wants to find the volume of weedkiller in a bottle but she only has the smaller bottle, and to get the answer they'd expect you to use the equation for volume of a cube even if you couldn't see it
Last edited by mpaprika; 1 month ago
mez_merising
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
maths is normal maths like volume of a cube whilst numeracy is an extra welsh qualification that makes all the questions have context ei. Sally wants to find the volume of weedkiller in a bottle but she only has the smaller bottle, and to get the answer they'd expect you to use the equation for volume of a cube even if you couldn't see it
ahhh ok
klywi03
Rep:
?
Guys I start school tomorrow help🤮
klywi03
Rep:
?
First day of school r e v i e w:
I’m pretty happy with my schedule, as I don’t always have to wake up early, thank goodness.:clap2: I found it so weird how we can leave the school premises whenever, but it’s also a blessing at the same time lol

Sorry this post doesn’t mention my predicted grades or anything, the teachers haven’t mentioned anything about it yet (plus i only had one subject yesterday)

My one and only loyal tag :’) : mpaprika
klywi03
Rep:
?
I’m pretty happy with my schedule, as I don’t always have to wake up early, thank goodness.:clap2: I found it so weird how we can leave the school premises whenever, but it’s also a blessing at the same time lol

Sorry this post doesn’t mention my predicted grades or anything, the teachers haven’t mentioned anything about it yet (plus i only had one subject yesterday)

mpaprika
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by klywi03)

good for you for having a good schedule, and yeah our school has a Greggs super close so we all just leave to get pasties ahaha
will stay loyal to the end ;D
klywi03
Rep:
?
good for you for having a good schedule, and yeah our school has a Greggs super close so we all just leave to get pasties ahaha
will stay loyal to the end ;D
appreciate it amiga
ThunderBeard
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
appreciate it amiga
Nope. I’m joining the tag list.
klywi03
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThunderBeard)
Nope. I’m joining the tag list.
the more the merrier:danceboy:
klywi03
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
how year 12 is going: it’s only week 3, however, the work load feels equivalent to a 2 months worth at GCSE geez. But it’s ok guys we must keep persevering!

Biology - Biology is really interesting, we’ve learnt about carbohydrates so far - I also enjoy drawing the chemical structures for everything haha. But I think I’ve been struggling with biology the most because of the amount of content to digest. I have an upcoming test so wish me luck guys

Chemistry - Chemistry is probably my favourite subject so far because what we’ve learnt so far is relatively easy and it has the least content compared to my other two subjects I feel. I got two teachers for chemistry, but one of my teachers go too fast when explaining so I always have to catch up at home aah but it’s ok youtube videos are a life-saver

History - The two units we’ve been learning in history is very interesting. A-level history feels so different to GCSE, we work at such a faster pace and the teachers don’t check our (well that’s for every subject but esp. history) Anyway my teacher mentioned the idea of “Predicted Grades” already a few days ago and I feel so scared. I’m going to work real hard to ensure my predicted is an A:crossedf:

lovely tags: ThunderBeard mpaprika
ThunderBeard
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
how year 12 is going: it’s only week 3, however, the work load feels equivalent to a 2 months worth at GCSE geez. But it’s ok guys we must keep persevering!

Biology - Biology is really interesting, we’ve learnt about carbohydrates so far - I also enjoy drawing the chemical structures for everything haha. But I think I’ve been struggling with biology the most because of the amount of content to digest. I have an upcoming test so wish me luck guys

Chemistry - Chemistry is probably my favourite subject so far because what we’ve learnt so far is relatively easy and it has the least content compared to my other two subjects I feel. I got two teachers for chemistry, but one of my teachers go too fast when explaining so I always have to catch up at home aah but it’s ok youtube videos are a life-saver

History - The two units we’ve been learning in history is very interesting. A-level history feels so different to GCSE, we work at such a faster pace and the teachers don’t check our (well that’s for every subject but esp. history) Anyway my teacher mentioned the idea of “Predicted Grades” already a few days ago and I feel so scared. I’m going to work real hard to ensure my predicted is an A:crossedf:

lovely tags: ThunderBeard mpaprika
Good luck! Well done on keeping up with bio!
klywi03
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ThunderBeard)
Good luck! Well done on keeping up with bio!
Thank you so much! How are your studies going?
ThunderBeard
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much! How are your studies going?
They’re ok but I’m behind on a bunch of work and I’ve already had one test. So still managing to say the least!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.3%
No (214)
76.7%

Watched Threads