Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm an international student starting at Durham this year, I just want to know what people wear (girls) while going to lectures and is it ok if I don't wear a dress at formals,I'm overweight and feel really self conscious in dresses!!
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm an international student starting at Durham this year, I just want to know what people wear (girls) while going to lectures and is it ok if I don't wear a dress at formals,I'm overweight and feel really self conscious in dresses!!
you never, ever need to wear a dress for lectures. surely women have other nice clothes options?!

however, people do dress up or down according to their subject, with Physics students being the most casual, and Art History students being the most dressy.
Batman2k1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
wear a smart shirt and some jeans, and yr good
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
you never, ever need to wear a dress for lectures. surely women have other nice clothes options?!

however, people do dress up or down according to their subject, with Physics students being the most casual, and Art History students being the most dressy.
I'd be doing law... that's in the middle of the spectrum I suppose..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (156)
60.7%
I don't have everything I need (101)
39.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed