Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’m considering getting myself a scooter (not those motorcycle scooter; the ones you kick) because I don’t want to spend money on public transports and I’m not confident with riding a bike on the road but I’m not sure if I’m allowed to bring one at the Uni since there’s no details on it.
Royal Holloway, University of London
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m considering getting myself a scooter (not those motorcycle scooter; the ones you kick) because I don’t want to spend money on public transports and I’m not confident with riding a bike on the road but I’m not sure if I’m allowed to bring one at the Uni since there’s no details on it.
Hi there,

If you are commuting to campus and live more than 1.5 miles away than you would be eligible to apply for a campus parking permit for your scooter. However if you live with 1.5 miles of campus or are staying in campus accommodation unfortunately you will not be allowed to park the scooter on campus, the same as if you were driving a car.

You can find more information about parking on campus here.

Hope this helps,

Philippa
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London)
Hi there,

If you are commuting to campus and live more than 1.5 miles away than you would be eligible to apply for a campus parking permit for your scooter. However if you live with 1.5 miles of campus or are staying in campus accommodation unfortunately you will not be allowed to park the scooter on campus, the same as if you were driving a car.

You can find more information about parking on campus here.

Hope this helps,

Philippa
Hi there,
Thank you for the the reply
Though, I was wondering about those scooters where you have to kick and it can fold when not in use, not the scooters that is used on the road.
Royal Holloway, University of London
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi there,
Thank you for the the reply
Though, I was wondering about those scooters where you have to kick and it can fold when not in use, not the scooters that is used on the road.
Hi there,

Thanks for the clarification! If it is just a simple folding kick scooter then you should be fine to bring it with you to campus and store it in your room. Though you may need to be mindful of other students and cars when using it on campus.

Hope this helps,

Philippa
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London)
Hi there,

Thanks for the clarification! If it is just a simple folding kick scooter then you should be fine to bring it with you to campus and store it in your room. Though you may need to be mindful of other students and cars when using it on campus.

Hope this helps,

Philippa
Thank you very much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (19)
5.9%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (186)
57.76%
No (117)
36.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed