marktuan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm going in to Year 13 in a few days and I just know it's going to be UCAS UCAS UCAS once we start...
I've managed to whittle it down in to 3 degrees now: Optometry, Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences...
There are pros and cons to each...
Optometry I think would be a nice degree and results in a stable life-time job but there are barely any universities that do the degree...
Pharmacy seems okay too but I've heard so many bad stories about pharmacy that it's kinda put me off and realistically I don't know how much I'll enjoy it as a long-time thing but there are a lot more unis that offer Pharmacy and a lot of GOOD, well respected unis also...
Biomedical science seems like an interesting degree but honestly I don't know how stable of a path it is and where it will land me...

Can someone offer some helpful advice please
Jayyyy30
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry I didn’t read any of that all I saw was mark tuan and clicked😉 ooof but maybe go with what you find is most interesting.. even if you’re unsure of where it’ll lead
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by marktuan)
I'm going in to Year 13 in a few days and I just know it's going to be UCAS UCAS UCAS once we start...
I've managed to whittle it down in to 3 degrees now: Optometry, Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences...
There are pros and cons to each...
Optometry I think would be a nice degree and results in a stable life-time job but there are barely any universities that do the degree...
Pharmacy seems okay too but I've heard so many bad stories about pharmacy that it's kinda put me off and realistically I don't know how much I'll enjoy it as a long-time thing but there are a lot more unis that offer Pharmacy and a lot of GOOD, well respected unis also...
Biomedical science seems like an interesting degree but honestly I don't know how stable of a path it is and where it will land me...

Can someone offer some helpful advice please
your post is perfectly correct (good you have the right understanding of the ramifications of your choices at your age) and inevitably leads to Optometry...
marktuan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jayyyy30)
Sorry I didn’t read any of that all I saw was mark tuan and clicked😉 ooof but maybe go with what you find is most interesting.. even if you’re unsure of where it’ll lead
LMFAOOO thats fair hahaha... almost his bday!!
marktuan
Rep:
?
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
your post is perfectly correct (good you have the right understanding of the ramifications of your choices at your age) and inevitably leads to Optometry...
thanks aha yeah i guess i have 5 UCAS options anyway so optometry will definitely be one... i just wish more universities offered the degree :// hopefully it will work out tho!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (54)
25.59%
No (157)
74.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed