lunariumxo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I chose CS thinking hello it wouldn't be thattt hard , im going into year 11 and the coding is too complicated for me can someone give me tips and like how i can get good grades like i flopped my mock cs exam (year 10) like got a 2 , so for the year 11 computing science exam can someone give advice , i know im a culprit i haven't taken it too seariously but i will now , i just need advice so i can get atleatst a 7 and min of 6
BChemGee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by lunariumxo)
I chose CS thinking hello it wouldn't be thattt hard , im going into year 11 and the coding is too complicated for me can someone give me tips and like how i can get good grades like i flopped my mock cs exam (year 10) like got a 2 , so for the year 11 computing science exam can someone give advice , i know im a culprit i haven't taken it too seariously but i will now , i just need advice so i can get atleatst a 7 and min of 6
Trust me , when it came to coding , I hated it, but the only thing you can really do is practice, as you won't know the pseudocode questions that will come up.
If your teacher gave you coding worksheets etc. ask for copies and answers so you can practice and see how close you got to the answer.
Doing this maybe once a week outside of class from the start of year 11 will help a lot.

Also, depending on what programming language you're being taught you might be able to find resources online from websites like codecademy.com and https://teachcomputerscience.com/.

GCSE Computer Science is a really interesting subject imo and you're lucky that the NEA no longer contributes to your final grade, so good luck !
lunariumxo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by BChemGee)
Trust me , when it came to coding , I hated it, but the only thing you can really do is practice, as you won't know the pseudocode questions that will come up.
If your teacher gave you coding worksheets etc. ask for copies and answers so you can practice and see how close you got to the answer.
Doing this maybe once a week outside of class from the start of year 11 will help a lot.

Also, depending on what programming language you're being taught you might be able to find resources online from websites like codecademy.com and https://teachcomputerscience.com/.

GCSE Computer Science is a really interesting subject imo and you're lucky that the NEA no longer contributes to your final grade, so good luck !
im glad knowing NEA no longer contributes to the grades that just means i'll have to learn the key stuff and im quite comfortable with flowcharts so i'll go with that , thanks alot!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (426)
43.69%
No (104)
10.67%
I'm not old enough (445)
45.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed