What is the ethnicity of a Mauritian individual???

Watch this thread
Girl19_
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
heyaa

So i'm Mauritian but i always tick 'other' when asked about ethnicity because Mauritians are mixed with quite alot tbh. So im born in Mauritius which is in East Africa. But my family don't consider ourselves african or of indian descent soo im wondering what other Mauritians or other individuals consider a Mauritians ethnicity as😂
Kilam_Namoan
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
The people of Mauritius are descendants of European (mostly French) settlers, the Franco-Mauritians; African slaves and creoles, the Afro-Mauritians; Chinese traders, the Sino-Maurtians; and Indian laborers, the Indo-Mauritians. Get a 23andMe DNA test done (and another look in the mirror) to narrow down which exact group you belong to- if any.
Girl19_
Rep:
From what i know im mixed with Indian, arabian and french. but i look more bengali than anything😂. I will defo get myself a DNA test done because im probs mixed with alot more. Thank you!
doks
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
my friends mauritian and she identifies more as indian or sri lankan than african but she says she's a big mix of people
Girl19_
Rep:
yeah i look more bengali but some people can tell im Mauritian. I like to consider myself african along with other ethnicities as it makes me more diverse😂. I have the South asian culture for sure but i have south and east asian food majority of the time. we're honestly a mix of alot of people we just dont really know on how big of a scale it is 😂
Dancer2001
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
My dad is Mauritian, and I usually just tick ‘other’ or ‘mixed’ as well. I don’t really see why it has to be more specific than that.
Girl19_
Rep:
(Original post by Dancer2001)
My dad is Mauritian, and I usually just tick ‘other’ or ‘mixed’ as well. I don’t really see why it has to be more specific than that.
More to do with curiosity tbh nothing more
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (42)
28.77%
Take a gap year (23)
15.75%
Resit my exams (40)
27.4%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (19)
13.01%
I don't know yet (16)
10.96%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.11%

Watched Threads