How to lose fat & tone up as an 18 yo girl Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Basically, I'm 163cm and 8st6lbs (my highest EVER weight) and I hate the way I look. I let myself go over A levels and the summer and am regretting it all now! I just want to get rid of the fat on my stomach and get my abs back, but I don't know the best way to do it. I go to uni in just under a month so I'd like to lose the extra weight quickly, but I always struggle to lose (it took me literally 1.5 years to lose 7lbs, like wtf) so I'm wondering if anyone here has any suggestions?

I'd prefer to avoid fasting etc as my stomach is super sensitive and it screws me up (hence why it took me so long to lose the weight before, I struggle to manage a calorie deficit without my digestive system complaining!), but equally if that's what it takes I'll do it.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!

~ S
CuriosityYay
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
One word:
Sport?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CuriosityYay)
One word:
Sport?
As in do I do sport currently or I should do sport? Because I already do ballet and tennis - I know I should do more but I've been trying to just enjoy summer lol. When I was trying to lose weight last time I was doing sports 4 times a week but it still did nothing...
-Quava-
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Basically, I'm 163cm and 8st6lbs (my highest EVER weight) and I hate the way I look. I let myself go over A levels and the summer and am regretting it all now! I just want to get rid of the fat on my stomach and get my abs back, but I don't know the best way to do it. I go to uni in just under a month so I'd like to lose the extra weight quickly, but I always struggle to lose (it took me literally 1.5 years to lose 7lbs, like wtf) so I'm wondering if anyone here has any suggestions?

I'd prefer to avoid fasting etc as my stomach is super sensitive and it screws me up (hence why it took me so long to lose the weight before, I struggle to manage a calorie deficit without my digestive system complaining!), but equally if that's what it takes I'll do it.

~ S
Regular exercise and a clean diet.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago

~ S
Not sure how you can lose wsight that quickly, but you could exercise and go on a healthier diet.

For me, I bought this thing called a Ultrasonic cavitation device, it basically just targets parts of the body that has fat (look it up for more information). I've been using that to lose weight, it works slowly, but if you couple it with exercise it should work faster.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by -Quava-)
Regular exercise and a clean diet.
I know this is an annoying question haha, but by regular exercise how much do you mean? I already eat clean but more exercise might make a difference this time I guess
Anonymous #1
Not sure how you can lose wsight that quickly, but you could exercise and go on a healthier diet.

For me, I bought this thing called a Ultrasonic cavitation device, it basically just targets parts of the body that has fat (look it up for more information). I've been using that to lose weight, it works slowly, but if you couple it with exercise it should work faster.
Ooh, thank you so much for telling me about that!! I'll look into getting one, that sounds perfect for targeting specific areas as my boobs are finally a B cup (still small ik but better than the A they used to be when I was 7st 10 lol) and my bum is starting to exist but my stomach is HUGE! Thank you
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would say the gym, perhaps create an exercise plan and try that for a little while. Otherwise you could try doing some you tube exercise videos every morning like Blogalates or something similar.
-Quava-
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know this is an annoying question haha, but by regular exercise how much do you mean? I already eat clean but more exercise might make a difference this time I guess
Get a gym membership and split each day of the week in to parts of that body to target/ exercise.
E.g. x2 a week leg day and x2 a week upper body and then some cardio/ HIIT around x2 a week also.
Always remember to take rest days or you could do light exercise on your rest days.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Deggs_14)
I would say the gym, perhaps create an exercise plan and try that for a little while. Otherwise you could try doing some you tube exercise videos every morning like Blogalates or something similar.
Okay cool, thanks!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Ooh, thank you so much for telling me about that!! I'll look into getting one, that sounds perfect for targeting specific areas as my boobs are finally a B cup (still small ik but better than the A they used to be when I was 7st 10 lol) and my bum is starting to exist but my stomach is HUGE! Thank you
You are welcome. I have celulites too and this is perfect for getting of that too. I got the device mostly for my legs and hopefully it should be arriving soon
I plan on using it along with an exercise routine and a proper diet for maximum results.

If you are planning on getting on I'd say make sure to really take your time and look at all the available options because there are some unnecessarily expensive ones. If you need more information then just DM me
Anonymous #1
(Original post by -Quava-)
Get a gym membership and split each day of the week in to parts of that body to target/ exercise.
E.g. x2 a week leg day and x2 a week upper body and then some cardio/ HIIT around x2 a week also.
Always remember to take rest days or you could do light exercise on your rest days.
Ah okay, thank you!
Anonymous #1
You are welcome. I have celulites too and this is perfect for getting of that too. I got the device mostly for my legs and hopefully it should be arriving soon
I plan on using it along with an exercise routine and a proper diet for maximum results.

If you are planning on getting on I'd say make sure to really take your time and look at all the available options because there are some unnecessarily expensive ones. If you need more information then just DM me
Thank you for the advice
science.nerd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You could practice ballet as much as you can or join a few extra classes if it’s something you enjoy. Especially is you can find ballet conditioning or body con classes. Even just doing a few ab exercises very day will make a huge difference.
Maturestudent3po
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
weights, weight lifting
holly6901
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
try the gym
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (197)
27.06%
Not great so far... (263)
36.13%
I want to drop out! (137)
18.82%

Watched Threads