The Student Room Group

Need answered (regarding noise cancelling headphones)

Heyy,

So I’m planning on buying noise cancelling headphones and I have couple questions about them:

When you have the noise cancelling button on, do you literally hear nothing?

Are they also like normal headphones where you can play music etc?

What headphone do you recommend?

Thanks you so much in advance xxx
Recommendation: Taotronics - these are earbud noise cancelling earphones. When they are in your ears and music is playing yes, it literally blocks out the sounds outside of your earphones. Obviously it depends on your hearing - I have sensitive hearing so when a song is playing where there’s just piano playing or only a voice singing then I can still hear faint sounds when I’m on the train or walking outside.

If your ears are sensitive then earbuds may be a bad idea - I sometimes take a break from these twice a week (I have my earbuds in my ears at least 4hours max, 5 days a week) with my apple headphones or just dont listen to music at all. Earbuds do hurt after a while as opposed headphones or normal earphones.

If you have a phone where you can edit the settings of the music and fiddle with all sorts like the pitch or the reverb or the bass then that would also improve the sound and make it more crisp and loud (iPhones only give you some EQ options but Xperia for instance lets you fiddle around with other things, I’ve seen).
I have the Bose ones and they are expensive but excellent. All background noise cancelled out, but a loud noise may come through. On something like a plane all you literally hear is the music, you could miss an announcement.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Heyy,

So I’m planning on buying noise cancelling headphones and I have couple questions about them:

When you have the noise cancelling button on, do you literally hear nothing?

Are they also like normal headphones where you can play music etc?

What headphone do you recommend?

Thanks you so much in advance xxx

1) Noise cancelling helps alot but you can still hear background noise if it is very loud and it also depends on your headphones quality
2) Yes they are normal headphones that can play music but when watching videos or movies on your phone they can lag slightly e.g. the sound is delayed.
3) I would reccommend Sony WH-1000XM3, they were on sale a while ago and they will most likely be on sale again on Black Friday, or if you want cheaper ones go for Senheiser ones as they are a good quality and make.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending