LookMaNoHands
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
#1
Hello Everone,
I recently finished my A-Levels in England. I decided to do an apprenticeship in place of the traditional route. Naturally, I’ve applied to many companies to do a Level 6 (Degree Apprenticeship) across the UK. Thankfully, two companies think I’m a good enough candidate to offer me a role. Here’s the thing;

I’ve passed the assessment centre, the final stage, for a similar position at two different companies.

Company A has offered me a secure role, I will be asked to sign the contract soon. Company B has put me in a state of Limbo, my profile is being sent around to hiring managers across the business in Company B. When a role is deemed suitable it will be offered, from what I understand this may take a long time but is semi-guaranteed. This is taking its time, I am yet to receive any concrete offers from Company B.

I prefer to be employed by Company B.

I would prefer not to turn down Company A fearing to lose both opportunities.

  • What are the legal implications if I sign with A, go along with them until B shows up with an offer, then jump ship to the B?
  • Am I in breach terms of the contract?
  • If so, what would that entail?
  • Where do I look in the contract to see those terms?
  • Assuming this is illegal, Is there a more legally sound way about going about this?
1
reply
Relipse
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
#2
Report 2 weeks ago
#2
I would say go with your aspirations and try with your best shot. If you really prefer to be with company B then so be it. But, as you stated, your serendipity is still undecided. Let's take into account the marshmallow rule. You could either take 2 marshmallows now or, wait and take the whole bag. In this situation, it's all or nothing so I would say take your best shot, because you'll still fall in the stars. THere are no legal implications when signing with A, and moving to B at the concurrent time, but, just make sure you want to know where you are going. Company A, the safe option or, Company B, the risky option. Your choice.
1
reply
CE01
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
#3
Report 2 weeks ago
#3
(Original post by LookMaNoHands)
Hello Everone,
I recently finished my A-Levels in England. I decided to do an apprenticeship in place of the traditional route. Naturally, I’ve applied to many companies to do a Level 6 (Degree Apprenticeship) across the UK. Thankfully, two companies think I’m a good enough candidate to offer me a role. Here’s the thing;

I’ve passed the assessment centre, the final stage, for a similar position at two different companies.

Company A has offered me a secure role, I will be asked to sign the contract soon. Company B has put me in a state of Limbo, my profile is being sent around to hiring managers across the business in Company B. When a role is deemed suitable it will be offered, from what I understand this may take a long time but is semi-guaranteed. This is taking its time, I am yet to receive any concrete offers from Company B.

I prefer to be employed by Company B.

I would prefer not to turn down Company A fearing to lose both opportunities.

  • What are the legal implications if I sign with A, go along with them until B shows up with an offer, then jump ship to the B?
  • Am I in breach terms of the contract?
  • If so, what would that entail?
  • Where do I look in the contract to see those terms?
  • Assuming this is illegal, Is there a more legally sound way about going about this?
Hello, I have also recently finished my A Levels and am now also looking for a Level 6 Apprenticeship! I was wondering which companies you have applied for as many don't seem to have opened up for applications yet.
1
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.59%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.17%
No (176)
34.24%

Watched Threads

View All