How come I have a cold sore when I’ve never had any sexual contact? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, over the past few days I (16F) have noticed a large cold sore growing on my lower lip. I did some research and apparently this is exclusively the result of a form of herpes.
I am utterly confused as I have never had any form of sexual contact with anybody, even a kiss.
I am now scared to go back to school tomorrow in case people start saying I have an STD. Help?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, over the past few days I (16F) have noticed a large cold sore growing on my lower lip. I did some research and apparently this is exclusively the result of a form of herpes.
I am utterly confused as I have never had any form of sexual contact with anybody, even a kiss.
I am now scared to go back to school tomorrow in case people start saying I have an STD. Help?
It isn't necessarily a sexual thing. My fiance gets them, but has had them from a young age due to his parents getting them, and obviously giving him kisses when he was younger. Lots of his siblings get them too. It is a form of herpes but it isn't a sexually transmitted thing (obviously it can be but a lot of times it isn't).
Gtfoh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I used to get cold sores on like the side of my lip during winter a lot for some reason.My GP used to give me cream to help but just get it checked out if it’s bothering you
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
I keep getting cold sores and ulcers on my lips and inside my mouth too. It’s started happening more often even though I don’t have any sexual contact. Does anyone know how to prevent these or get rid of them?
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Gtfoh)
I used to get cold sores on like the side of my lip during winter a lot for some reason.My GP used to give me cream to help but just get it checked out if it’s bothering you
You can get Aciclovir cream (generic zovirax) from supermarkets which is cheaper if you're not exempt from prescription charges.
Teigan182
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I've had coldsores since I was a kid, get them regularly when I'm stressed. It's technically a form of herpes, but not an STD. I just use coldsore cream available at pretty much any supermarket/pharmacy. Ain't no shame in coldsores
Gtfoh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Joinedup)
You can get Aciclovir cream (generic zovirax) from supermarkets which is cheaper if you're not exempt from prescription charges.
I kno I’m late but ooof thanks,I’ll keep that in mind
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (2)
9.52%
Disagree (2)
9.52%
Neither agree or disagree (7)
33.33%
Agree (6)
28.57%
Strongly Agree (4)
19.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise