The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Birmingham City University (BCU) applicants chat thread 2020

Scroll to see replies

Someone I know recently received an email stating they have been awarded the 'meet or beat' scholarship for beating the entry requirements of there course.

I have yet to receive my email. I have beaten the requirements for my course however I accepted an unconditional offer for BCU. Is this an issue? Does my offer affect my eligibility for the scholarship?

Is there a chance I can still get the email or is it too late?
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by thagirlhanna
Someone I know recently received an email stating they have been awarded the 'meet or beat' scholarship for beating the entry requirements of there course.

I have yet to receive my email. I have beaten the requirements for my course however I accepted an unconditional offer for BCU. Is this an issue? Does my offer affect my eligibility for the scholarship?

hey i've had the exact same problem and when i emailed they just said look at the entry requirements but I know i've beaten them

Is your course a foundation degree or do any of these points relate to you? :

Domiciled outside of the UK or European Union.

Applying to Foundation Year degrees (Year 0).

Currently studying a Foundation Year at BCU or any other institution.

Applying to the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire, except those applying for Applied Theatre and Stage Management courses.

Are eligible for the Meet or Beat scheme at the point of application but then do not achieve the grades required for entry to a particular course - in this instance the £150 credit will be awarded only.
Original post by Anonymous
hey i've had the exact same problem and when i emailed they just said look at the entry requirements but I know i've beaten them

SAME I have definitely beaten them so idk what's going on :confused:
Original post by Lshort17
Is your course a foundation degree or do any of these points relate to you? :

Domiciled outside of the UK or European Union.

Applying to Foundation Year degrees (Year 0).

Currently studying a Foundation Year at BCU or any other institution.

Applying to the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire, except those applying for Applied Theatre and Stage Management courses.

Are eligible for the Meet or Beat scheme at the point of application but then do not achieve the grades required for entry to a particular course - in this instance the £150 credit will be awarded only.

My course is a full time 3 year course

None of those apply to me
My course is a full time 3 year course

None of those apply to me

Oh right i have no idea then, i got an email not long after i accepted to go there on results day. Are you confirmed?
Oh right i have no idea then, i got an email not long after i accepted to go there on results day. Are you confirmed?

Yep I've been confirmed for months since I had an unconditional offer

literally same none of the ones listed apply to me so I defo think i should be getting this schoalrship

I have no clue then, seems a bit odd. Are you waiting on your A levels/BTECs to be changed still?
(edited 3 years ago)
I have no clue then, seems a bit odd. Are you waiting on your A levels/BTECs still?

No I had my results on the 13th

and my friend who got there results that same day received an email yet I didn't. Its all so strange to me at the moment.
No I had my results on the 13th

and my friend who got there results that same day received an email yet I didn't. Its all so strange to me at the moment.

Oh dear not good then, all you can do is either contact them and explain that you met the conditions or wait it out a bit longer but i dont really know. Hope it gets sorted 😊
literally same none of the ones listed apply to me so I defo think i should be getting this schoalrship

Which email did you use to contact them? I'm gonna try and email them about it.
Which email did you use to contact them? I'm gonna try and email them about it.

i emailed admissions
Anyone joining BCU in September doing psychology?
Hi, I’ve received an email to check the welcome page for my course induction and Id check information, however only a date (sept 7) is given. When/how will we be receiving more information such as the time to go in etc ?
Hi, I’ve received an email to check the welcome page for my course induction and Id check information, however only a date (sept 7) is given. When/how will we be receiving more information such as the time to go in etc ?

Original post by Birmingham City University
Who's got their results and joining us this September?

We can't wait to meet you all! :rave:

We've got loads of info on how to prepare for Semester One on our website, but we're here if you have any questions too!

Lydia (The BCU team)

Hi, I’ve received an email to check the welcome page for my course induction and Id check information, however only a date (sept 7) is given. When/how will we be receiving more information such as the time to go in etc

Hi,
today is a bank holiday so more information such as Timetable, freshers week, ID collection should be given to you from tomorrow hopefully or this week. please let me know if you have or have not recieved an email.

Thanks
Ebiesan-Nicole
Original post by Ebiesan-Nicole
Hi,
today is a bank holiday so more information such as Timetable, freshers week, ID collection should be given to you from tomorrow hopefully or this week. please let me know if you have or have not recieved an email.

Thanks
Ebiesan-Nicole

Could I ask a question?

Are unconditional offer holders exempt from being accepted for the meet or beat scholarship? It's just that I beat the entry requirements and haven't received an email while others got theirs immediately after results.

It's okay if you don't know.
Could I ask a question?

Are unconditional offer holders exempt from being accepted for the meet or beat scholarship? It's just that I beat the entry requirements and haven't received an email while others got theirs immediately after results.

It's okay if you don't know.

Hi,
Did you apply through Ucas?
Original post by Ebiesan-Nicole
Hi,
Did you apply through Ucas?

Yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending