Birmingham City University (BCU) applicants chat thread 2020

Watch
Lshort17
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by thagirlhanna)
I emailed admissions about my enquire that I've posted on here prior and they haven't gotten back to me. It's been days and I emailed twice. :sadnod:
I guess its not that big of an issue since I can survive the scholarship but it would have been nice to get it since I earned it.
Have you tried calling them? They should reply to emails though so that seems odd. I sent them an email and within 2 days i got a response

If not, when you get there, go to them directly and see them in person
Last edited by Lshort17; 9 months ago
Anonymous #9
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by thagirlhanna)
I emailed admissions about my enquire that I've posted on here prior and they haven't gotten back to me. It's been days and I emailed twice. :sadnod:
I guess its not that big of an issue since I can survive the scholarship but it would have been nice to get it since I earned it.
if you did an AS level subject that could be the reason why
thagirlhanna
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
if you did an AS level subject that could be the reason why
nope I did A levels
Anonymous #9
Report 9 months ago
but did you do all three subjects a a level
because this one guy did 2 a level and an as so he didnt get it
Anonymous #3
Report 9 months ago
Has anyone got their timetable yet ?
Lshort17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Has anyone got their timetable yet ?
Nope, i emailed and they said by the end of the week
ShutInKesty
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Have they still not sorted the timetables out?
Anonymous #3
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by ShutInKesty)
Have they still not sorted the timetables out?
I’ve only gotten a timetable for welcome come week
Lshort17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Same, is everyone all moved in?
ShutInKesty
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I’ve only gotten a timetable for welcome come week
Did you just get told the day you were supposed to come in or is there more?
JF1345
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Is anyone else starting computer science this month? I still haven't been told what group I am in for the induction day and I'm wondering if anyone else has heard anything. I've tried emailing CS queries but no reply yet
Anonymous #3
Report 9 months ago
I only got told the day I’ll have to come in, and which days will be online for welcome week
ShutInKesty
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by JF1345)
Is anyone else starting computer science this month? I still haven't been told what group I am in for the induction day and I'm wondering if anyone else has heard anything. I've tried emailing CS queries but no reply yet
Hi! Me too! I got a notice from my personal email telling me that I'll be in on the 15th. You might want to check that! It was titled 'BCU Welcome Information'
Last edited by ShutInKesty; 9 months ago
JF1345
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi! Me too! I got a notice from my personal email telling me that I'll be in on the 15th. You might want to check that! It was titled 'BCU Welcome Information'
I also have that email, but if you look at Computing induction 2020 page and go to the computer science tab there are 8 different groups scheduled for 2 different times in different rooms. The page said we should've been told our groups by the 10th and I still haven't heard anything so it's starting to stress me out a bit now since the day is coming closer and closer

It's good to find someone else on the same course as me, so nice to meet you
ShutInKesty
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I also have that email, but if you look at Computing induction 2020 page and go to the computer science tab there are 8 different groups scheduled for 2 different times in different rooms. The page said we should've been told our groups by the 10th and I still haven't heard anything so it's starting to stress me out a bit now since the day is coming closer and closer

It's good to find someone else on the same course as me, so nice to meet you
Aaa you're right D: Hopefully we have someone to tell us there on the day if they don't have everything sorted out by tomorrow.

Nice to meet you too! It was so hard to find others here!
JF1345
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Aaa you're right D: Hopefully we have someone to tell us there on the day if they don't have everything sorted out by tomorrow.

Nice to meet you too! It was so hard to find others here!
I've been added to a microsoft teams group through my student email with a bunch of other classmates and students, maybe you have been too?
I have also been told I'm in group D in my personal email so you should check that to find out your time! Happy to have everything finally sorted out
ShutInKesty
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I've been added to a microsoft teams group through my student email with a bunch of other classmates and students, maybe you have been too?
I have also been told I'm in group D in my personal email so you should check that to find out your time! Happy to have everything finally sorted out
Yep! I just got in, I'm glad I can finally stop worrying about it!

Awh, that's a shame! I'm in F! Hopefully I'll still see you around though! : D
LouyLou
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Does anyone have their timetable for cyber security the course starts tomorrow and the uni haven't said anything
vipinkmr44
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Any one for MSC Supply chain Mgt ? International students ? How much does it costs for 23 months course with Placement options ?
Anonymous #14
Report 3 months ago
Heyyy anyone who will be a first year on city south campus in September what have u decided to do about accomodation like have u chosen to go for city centre campus accoms like staniforth etc or have u chosen accoms that are closer to city south campus?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.68%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.93%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.29%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.08%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.15%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed