A2Ajiey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Does anyone know any good or highly recommended traineeship programmes I can go on so I can gain experience and learn new skills in order to go into an apprenticeship?
Relipse
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What are you looking to go in? I'm sure you can type your profession followed by the term 'best traineeship programs' and it'll come with a wide variety.
A2Ajiey
Rep:
?
I’m looking to go into IT but I want to go on a traineeship and gain experience and get my English and do a level 3 apprenticeship as I’ve already got my Maths. I just wanted to know a recommendation of one from someone on here if anyone knew any they have been on
Relipse
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ah okay, sorry.
A2Ajiey
Rep:
?
(Original post by Relipse)
Ah okay, sorry.
Do you have any suggestions or recommendations on any good Traineeship programmes though?
Relipse
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
IT Career switch has a good one, they offer online and personal training. In regards to this there's not much I can give you though. But there's a few starting traineeship programs on IT on indeed with some competitive salaries.

SwiftACI Ltd has a IT apprentice job offer as well.
A2Ajiey
Rep:
?
(Original post by Relipse)
IT Career switch has a good one, they offer online and personal training. In regards to this there's not much I can give you though. But there's a few starting traineeship programs on IT on indeed with some competitive salaries.

SwiftACI Ltd has a IT apprentice job offer as well.
With the Apprentice Job Offer do you reckon I would be able to be considered even without my English GCSE and be able to do it as well as doing the Apprenticeship
Relipse
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by A2Ajiey)
With the Apprentice Job Offer do you reckon I would be able to be considered even without my English GCSE and be able to do it as well as doing the Apprenticeship
Take your chances but, English gcses are mandatory in most jobs, so I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't for an apprenticeship. I reckon you get your English gcse first though.
A2Ajiey
Rep:
?
IT Career Switch you have to pay lots of money for some reason and that’s why I want to find a traineeship so I can have help passing English then go onto an apprenticeship afterwards, are you sure you don’t know any FREE general traineeships which you can choose your sector you want to go into after a couple weeks when completed?
Relipse
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No, sorry.
sophie_chu
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hmm, if the priority is to be able to get your English GCSE to become eligible to apply for apprenticeships, maybe just take any traineeship you can get to get your English GCSE and then after that you could go on to apply for your IT apprenticeship?

https://www.gov.uk/find-traineeship Maybe do a search on the gov't website and apply for everything in your area? It says 'help with English and Maths (if you need it)'?

National Careers Service any advice?
siamsam
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
All depends where you live really. There will be different organisations (training providers) offering traineeships dependant on where you live.

As Sophie_Chu mentioned look on gov.uk or search find me a traineeship.
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by A2Ajiey)
Does anyone know any good or highly recommended traineeship programmes I can go on so I can gain experience and learn new skills in order to go into an apprenticeship?
(Original post by sophie_chu)
Hmm, if the priority is to be able to get your English GCSE to become eligible to apply for apprenticeships, maybe just take any traineeship you can get to get your English GCSE and then after that you could go on to apply for your IT apprenticeship?

https://www.gov.uk/find-traineeship Maybe do a search on the gov't website and apply for everything in your area? It says 'help with English and Maths (if you need it)'?

National Careers Service any advice?
Hi there!

Thanks for the mention!

Most apprenticeships offer you to gain a level 2 in English; it might help to contact the college offering the apprenticeship to see if they will accept you without this and let you do it alongside the IT qualification as part of the apprenticeship training. It might be helpful to search for these on the National Apprenticeship Service website and contacting these before planing to see if you will be considered. You can also check vacancy entry requirements to see if the GCSE English is required here:

https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship

You could also look into intermediate (level 2) IT apprenticeships and then go onto the advanced (level 3) apprenticeship after gaining the skills and English GCSE.

I hope this is helpful!

Good luck- Samrita.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.59%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.17%
No (176)
34.24%

Watched Threads