Advice for GCSE Revision Plan... reassurance please

Watch
mrpopsicle
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

I am about to start Year 11 (tomorrow!!) and have come up with an 18-week revision plan between September and January, mainly to complete all my resources (notes, flashcards, etc). For context the courses I am taking are

AQA English Literature
AQA English Language
AQA Maths
AQA Combined Science
AQA Computer Science

I have planned out revision for Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, English Literature and Maths. Basically I have taken the spec and divided it across 18 weeks and put it all in a Google spreadsheet to know exactly what topics I'll cover and make notes, mind maps and flashcards on each week

HOWEVER, I don't want to overwork myself, and have decided I want to keep ALL my school work to weekdays only, but (knowing how fast I work from last year), I will need to spend 2 hours on each of the subjects I plan to revise (Bio, Chem, Phys, CompSci, Lit and Maths). I think I am going to drop Chemistry revision for these 18 weeks, as it has the least topics to cover and I will just work extra hard on it after Jan. But I want to know - will I struggle to catch with revision after Christmas??

On the plus side, it will mean I only spend 2 hours a weekday revising and I will also stop myself from burning out.
M_ichael
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
your revision plan sounds great and arranged in frequent and I'm spontaneous ways. But, the problem many have with this is that they cannot keep track to it. Here you have a concern about over working yourself and that's particularly fine. But, it's more quality then quantity. If you feel like you can do all of it and be able to strive for success then go for it, tlbut the last thing anyone needs is you to be overworked and stressed out. But the revision plan sounds good though. Good luck.
mrpopsicle
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Relipse)
your revision plan sounds great and arranged in frequent and I'm spontaneous ways. But, the problem many have with this is that they cannot keep track to it. Here you have a concern about over working yourself and that's particularly fine. But, it's more quality then quantity. If you feel like you can do all of it and be able to strive for success then go for it, tlbut the last thing anyone needs is you to be overworked and stressed out. But the revision plan sounds good though. Good luck.
Thanks for the advice, I think I worry a little too much sometimes tbh
M_ichael
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mrpopsicle)
Thanks for the advice, I think I worry a little too much sometimes tbh
Anytime.
1Secord
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,

I am about to start Year 11 (tomorrow!!) and have come up with an 18-week revision plan between September and January, mainly to complete all my resources (notes, flashcards, etc). For context the courses I am taking are

AQA English Literature
AQA English Language
AQA Maths
AQA Combined Science
AQA Computer Science

I have planned out revision for Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, English Literature and Maths. Basically I have taken the spec and divided it across 18 weeks and put it all in a Google spreadsheet to know exactly what topics I'll cover and make notes, mind maps and flashcards on each week

HOWEVER, I don't want to overwork myself, and have decided I want to keep ALL my school work to weekdays only, but (knowing how fast I work from last year), I will need to spend 2 hours on each of the subjects I plan to revise (Bio, Chem, Phys, CompSci, Lit and Maths). I think I am going to drop Chemistry revision for these 18 weeks, as it has the least topics to cover and I will just work extra hard on it after Jan. But I want to know - will I struggle to catch with revision after Christmas??

On the plus side, it will mean I only spend 2 hours a weekday revising and I will also stop myself from burning out.
Sounds like a good plan! But please be kind to yourself if you don’t always complete the tasks you set out to do, remember to plan breaks and to see your friends. Work hard but play hard, as they say, and reward yourself for your hard work.

You sound like you’ve got a great work ethic and I wish you all the best!

As someone who has just finished her A levels, and quite bluntly, I underperformed considering my capabilities, due to burnout and lack of organisation, I wish I was as organised as you are and planned my revision earlier.

I’m quite a big worrier myself and I stress over the smallest thing, I wish I had some plan to refer back to reassure myself.

I did the same exam board as you for science, so I could offer my assistance if you needed help with any homework!
SchmuckOff
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,

AQA English Literature
AQA English Language
AQA Maths
AQA Combined Science
AQA Computer Science

Don't exhaust yourself before you even get to sit the actual exams . I did 4 hours on weekends and 1 hour on weekdays from January onward and ended up getting 5 9's and 4 8's. Don't overwork at all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.59%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.52%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.89%
I need help with my personal statement (76)
41.3%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (44)
23.91%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.63%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (15)
8.15%

Watched Threads