A Strange New Universe: A Year 13 GYG

Watch
SilentSolitaire
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by _gcx)
On my exam board it was just under 70%! Though that's Edexcel and other exam boards are probably higher. Not sure what mark I ended up getting, it wasn't on my results sheet, but I guessed low 230s (A* was 207). I'm sure you'll be fine. Don't underestimate paper 3, if you have something similar with similar weighting with your exam board. One of my friends got confident A*s on the first two papers, but then got a B in the third paper and only missed out on the A* by a mark or two. Students do just generally seem to perform worse in this paper so might be a good source of marks. (or rather, a good place to overtake the competition)
Yeah, the physics grade boundaries went up by about 5% for AQA last year, not sure why. Is paper 3 the one with the optional module in? (I know for us it's the optional module and practical skills paper so that's me trying to drag my grade up with turning points...)
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by SilentSolitaire)
Yeah, the physics grade boundaries went up by about 5% for AQA last year, not sure why. Is paper 3 the one with the optional module in? (I know for us it's the optional module and practical skills paper so that's me trying to drag my grade up with turning points...)
Yeah people often lose marks on practical skills. If you look at the notional grade boundaries they are a bit lower than the other papers. Though that might just be Edexcel. Usually, this is just for omissions. Learning experimental vocabulary properly and using it accurately gets you a long way, I seem to remember. Also knowing the resolutions of standard instruments.
SilentSolitaire
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
14/12/19 - Busy Week
Cambridge Interview
This was ... not good. I blanked on pretty much every simple fact I could think about blanking on and barely explained anything for the whole interview so I seriously doubt that’s going to reflect well. I’m kind of now worried that either I’m going to be rejected without pool or given a pool interview and something will go wrong again but I think it’s probably a case of just relaxing and enjoying the Christmas holidays.
On the bright side, it was nice to see some of Cambridge again and I managed to get some new shoes to replace my old ones.

Other Stuff
(Apart from the fact I’ve been doing way too much sudoku over the past few weeks?) I got pretty much my predicted score in BMO1 which was good. Means I just got into BMO2 I think? So that should be fun.
I’ve also started making some mini physics quiz which is quite a fun way to revise. I’ll upload some photos later if I remember.
And only one more week until the holidays! Then it’ll be time for rest, some maths, and starting revising for mocks…

MIT Decisions
I was accepted to MIT.
And I am probably 10 times more excited about that then I sound because I got into MIT! (and now I can claim all my stalking of the blogs was ‘useful’ and definitely not procrastination ) And now I have information to read and free t-shirts to claim so even more exciting things happening. They’re releasing financial aid decisions mid-January I think so I’ll have more information to think about then.
I might decide that I’m not going to submit all the other American apps – it was becoming a lot of work and a lot of money when I’m pretty sure that I like MIT more. It does feel like I’ve wasted my teachers time with my references though so I’m not sure.

To-do List
1. Make 1 more physics quiz. [ ]
2. Finish collecting the data for my NRP. [ ]
3. Do one computer science paper. [ ]
4. Do 3 more Olympiad questions. [ ]
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
14/12/19 - Busy Week
Cambridge Interview
This was ... not good. I blanked on pretty much every simple fact I could think about blanking on and barely explained anything for the whole interview so I seriously doubt that’s going to reflect well. I’m kind of now worried that either I’m going to be rejected without pool or given a pool interview and something will go wrong again but I think it’s probably a case of just relaxing and enjoying the Christmas holidays.
On the bright side, it was nice to see some of Cambridge again and I managed to get some new shoes to replace my old ones.

Other Stuff
(Apart from the fact I’ve been doing way too much sudoku over the past few weeks?) I got pretty much my predicted score in BMO1 which was good. Means I just got into BMO2 I think? So that should be fun.
I’ve also started making some mini physics quiz which is quite a fun way to revise. I’ll upload some photos later if I remember.
And only one more week until the holidays! Then it’ll be time for rest, some maths, and starting revising for mocks…

MIT Decisions
I was accepted to MIT.
And I am probably 10 times more excited about that then I sound because I got into MIT! (and now I can claim all my stalking of the blogs was ‘useful’ and definitely not procrastination ) And now I have information to read and free t-shirts to claim so even more exciting things happening. They’re releasing financial aid decisions mid-January I think so I’ll have more information to think about then.
I might decide that I’m not going to submit all the other American apps – it was becoming a lot of work and a lot of money when I’m pretty sure that I like MIT more. It does feel like I’ve wasted my teachers time with my references though so I’m not sure.

To-do List
1. Make 1 more physics quiz. [ ]
2. Finish collecting the data for my NRP. [ ]
3. Do one computer science paper. [ ]
4. Do 3 more Olympiad questions. [ ]
Sorry to hear about Cambridge I'm sure you did a lot better than you thought - I walked out of my first interview actually embarrassed at how I did, not wanting to see those people again (and I probably won't lmao) but still got an offer. I'm sure the Ss already in STEP will work in your favour. Anyway, you have MIT, so no skin off your nose either way. (idk how MIT undergrad compares to cam, ik at grad level MIT seems to beat it out)
SilentSolitaire
Rep:
?
(Original post by _gcx)
Sorry to hear about Cambridge I'm sure you did a lot better than you thought - I walked out of my first interview actually embarrassed at how I did, not wanting to see those people again (and I probably won't lmao) but still got an offer. I'm sure the Ss already in STEP will work in your favour. Anyway, you have MIT, so no skin off your nose either way. (idk how MIT undergrad compares to cam, ik at grad level MIT seems to beat it out)
That's pretty much what everyone's been saying but it's slightly harder to believe it! Do you have to do interviews for a masters at Cambridge?
I think MIT undergrad is different enough to Cambridge that it'd be pretty much impossible to directly compare but I don't think I'd be unhappy there though it's kind of hard to say when you've never been there!
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
That's pretty much what everyone's been saying but it's slightly harder to believe it! Do you have to do interviews for a masters at Cambridge?
I think MIT undergrad is different enough to Cambridge that it'd be pretty much impossible to directly compare but I don't think I'd be unhappy there though it's kind of hard to say when you've never been there!
No Cambridge doesn't interview for the MASt but does for PhDs.

Yeah - MIT is probably better if you have broader interests. Though the course is probably slower as a result if you follow the intended pathway, there are probably enough whizzes there for an "accelerated" pathway to be well established. You don't seem as excited as I thought you'd be Anything that's making you have second thoughts?
SilentSolitaire
Rep:
?
24/12/19 - Christmas day is almost here!
(why is my phone so stupid that it decided to delete my previous attempt at this post...)
To-do List
1. Make 1 more physics quiz. [done!]
2. Finish collecting the data for my NRP. [done!]
3. Do one computer science paper. [done!]
4. Do 3 more Olympiad questions. [haha nope]

Did the computer science paper, got an A. I'm happy with that because, even if it wouldn't be an A with last year's grade boundaries, it's an improvement on my previous percentage. I've now been given the task of preparing and giving a mini-lesson to the class on the first Monday back (!!!) which is slightly scary. It isn't going to get done until then though because I'm away for the rest of the holidays and left all my stuff at home.
I really need to practice a little for BMO2 or it's probably going to end up being annoying having to sit it. I'm horrendously out of practice with questions but haven't really had the focus to practice. I'm not sure I enjoy it that much any more and I can't concentrate on any of the problems but then I remember that there's only a year left and the problems are really nice sometimes and it might just be that I'm scaring myself because I'm finding them too difficult at the moment and I'm not used to it anymore so ahhhhhh I'm trying to figure all that out. I'm currently trying to testsolve some problems for a camp I went to a few years ago but I can't really solve them, let alone say intelligent things, so that's going well. Wanted to get on a team this year but that's seeming a bit too far-fetched.
I've been trying to set some goals for the new year at the moment but I knid of need a clearer plan of what I'm doing so that it doesn't end up just being 'do well in a-levels' which would be a bit bland. Hopefully I'll get the chance to think about it over the holidays.
Hope you're all having an excellent holiday.
SilentSolitaire
Rep:
?
(Original post by _gcx)
No Cambridge doesn't interview for the MASt but does for PhDs.

Yeah - MIT is probably better if you have broader interests. Though the course is probably slower as a result if you follow the intended pathway, there are probably enough whizzes there for an "accelerated" pathway to be well established. You don't seem as excited as I thought you'd be Anything that's making you have second thoughts?
That's good then, what are the other requirements for the masters?
Yes, you definetly wouldn't get through as much content but there's advanced standing exams if you already know some of the core courses and you get more freedom over what areas of maths you study - though there's not the same range of courses as there might be at UK universities in some areas.
It's weird--I thought I'd be more excited too and I am excited but I'm also (now that it's a real possibility) having to sit down and actually think about going. While I've loved the sound of it, I would hate to get there and discover that it's nothing like what I thought it'd be like. Also, while there's a lot of things I like about the academic side of it (lots of class choice! Hands-on classes! Study abroad programs! Research opportunities!) and a lot of things I think I'd like on the social side of things, I'd end up doing less maths and I don't want that to have an impact on my future, if that makes sense. I mean, it'd be great if I could then do something like a masters at Cambridge but I think you might know better than I do how hard it is to get in to that...
Basically, some days I'm sure it'd be the better option (especially when I don't know if Cambridge is on the table) and other days Im worried that I'd regret not taking the more 'conventional' route.
Sorry for the long reply, I appear to be in quite an introspective mood tonight.
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
That's good then, what are the other requirements for the masters?
Yes, you definetly wouldn't get through as much content but there's advanced standing exams if you already know some of the core courses and you get more freedom over what areas of maths you study - though there's not the same range of courses as there might be at UK universities in some areas.
It's weird--I thought I'd be more excited too and I am excited but I'm also (now that it's a real possibility) having to sit down and actually think about going. While I've loved the sound of it, I would hate to get there and discover that it's nothing like what I thought it'd be like. Also, while there's a lot of things I like about the academic side of it (lots of class choice! Hands-on classes! Study abroad programs! Research opportunities!) and a lot of things I think I'd like on the social side of things, I'd end up doing less maths and I don't want that to have an impact on my future, if that makes sense. I mean, it'd be great if I could then do something like a masters at Cambridge but I think you might know better than I do how hard it is to get in to that...
Basically, some days I'm sure it'd be the better option (especially when I don't know if Cambridge is on the table) and other days Im worried that I'd regret not taking the more 'conventional' route.
Sorry for the long reply, I appear to be in quite an introspective mood tonight.
The only hard requirement for a masters is a first in a quantitative degree. (not necessarily maths - people incoming for applied maths might have physics or engineering for example) I'm not sure how this'd translate in terms of GPA. All of the successful applicants I found on this FOI seem to have a GPA of 4.8+. The offer rate is quite high but the rate of people going there quite though, presumably because they instead took up PhD offers in the states or something. There do seem to be informal expectations of what you should get, but it's very hard to gauge this.

That's fair enough. My interests are quite broad within maths (it'd be easier to list stuff I wouldn't be interested possibly doing a module in) but outside that I only have passing interests for other subjects. Not enough to study them substantially at degree level. (I had doubts and briefly considered doing CS instead in either y11 or y12 summer, forgot. But then I looked back on modules, and tbh I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it that much) So I don't think I would've really fared well at MIT as an undergrad. I know that MIT is a popular destination for IMOers so it may indeed be the Cambridge of the states, in which case I wouldn't worry too much about not covering enough maths. It seems to be quite standard (looking at sites like MathematicsGRE) for students to do grad courses which compensates slightly for the slower pace.

I mean you're tossing between MIT and Cambridge, both world-class degree programmes. You'll be well prepared for future study or whatever else in either case.
SilentSolitaire
Rep:
?
(Original post by _gcx)
The only hard requirement for a masters is a first in a quantitative degree. (not necessarily maths - people incoming for applied maths might have physics or engineering for example) I'm not sure how this'd translate in terms of GPA. All of the successful applicants I found on this FOI seem to have a GPA of 4.8+. The offer rate is quite high but the rate of people going there quite though, presumably because they instead took up PhD offers in the states or something. There do seem to be informal expectations of what you should get, but it's very hard to gauge this.

That's fair enough. My interests are quite broad within maths (it'd be easier to list stuff I wouldn't be interested possibly doing a module in) but outside that I only have passing interests for other subjects. Not enough to study them substantially at degree level. (I had doubts and briefly considered doing CS instead in either y11 or y12 summer, forgot. But then I looked back on modules, and tbh I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it that much) So I don't think I would've really fared well at MIT as an undergrad. I know that MIT is a popular destination for IMOers so it may indeed be the Cambridge of the states, in which case I wouldn't worry too much about not covering enough maths. It seems to be quite standard (looking at sites like MathematicsGRE) for students to do grad courses which compensates slightly for the slower pace.

I mean you're tossing between MIT and Cambridge, both world-class degree programmes. You'll be well prepared for future study or whatever else in either case.
Oooh, that's interesting! That would match with the official Cambridge translation so would make sense. Seems to be a decently high offer rate for Warwick students as well?

Yes, I think that's true but not all subjects are offered at the same depth, even at grad level (set theory/logic being an example that springs to mind but I'm sure there's others). Still, I'm not sure that would affect much in the end, it's just interesting to compare.
SilentSolitaire
Rep:
?
My Year in Review
When I started this blog at the beginning of the academic year, my goals were:

1. Get into Cambridge I guess? That'd be really good but I'm aiming to get and meet a Warwick offer if that doesn't happen. - ???
  2. Revise phys/comp sci for at least 30 minutes each day so it all doesn't pile up at the end of the year. – not done (whoops)
  3. Do well in the maths challenges this year (a distinction in BMO2? maybe?) – do we count my BMO1 performance? Hmmm…
  4. Actually exercising would be good (going to aim for 3 times a week but we'll see.) – hahaha nope.
  5. I'd quite like to do some sort of project in maths (probably reading and writing up blog posts on some sort of topic but I'm not really sure) but that'll really be time dependent. – kind of started with NRP?

It’s kind of interesting seeing how much my priorities have changed over this year.
  • I haven’t done as much revision as I thought I was going to do this year but I’ve done more expansion outside the curriculum. I’m not sure how this’ll work in terms of mocks but I’m knuckling down to get it done now.
  • I’ve ended up doing less uni/project maths and more of my NRP and Olympiad maths stuff. I also think that I’ve been less stressed about the maths challenges but have been doing better which has been nice.
  • I didn’t think I would want to look into teaching but I’ve really enjoyed running maths club and trying to find other opportunities to teach this year so that’s probably something I’ll now want to explore further at uni.
  • I didn’t think I was going to apply to US unis after getting rejected from Sutton Trust but managed to get (slightly) organised and do it.
  • Okay, so maybe not much has changed on the exercise front…

I think that this year has been relatively good? I say, tentatively. A lot has happened – going on camps, getting rejected from camps, starting projects, failing to start projects, schoolwork, procrastination… – and I’m not sure of how much of it I’ve actually managed to process yet. Still, I will forge ahead with some new goals and hopefully actually manage to achieve them this time.

Academic Goals:
  1. Do well in A-Levels, I’m going to roughly aim for at least 2 A*s but we’ll see.
  2. I’m going to keep the doing well in BMO2 as a goal- I actually did some Olympiad maths over the holiday and really enjoyed it so I’ll hopefully be able to fit in some last minute prep for this along with my mock revision.
  3. Learn some differential equations properly, hopefully once I’ve finished A-Levels. In a similar vein, continue learning French and hopefully get some opportunity to practice it in real life? This feels the most nebulous out of the goals and the one I’m probably going to focus on least.
  4. Find some sort of opportunity to do some maths/computer science/teaching over the summer and apply!

Personal Goals:
  1. Keep track of what I’m doing over the year better- maintain a better record on my phone calendar and hopefully actually start a blog/keep up with my GYG here.
  2. Spend more time with friends, hopefully arrange a couple of times to actually see my friends outside of school and go to events together.
  3. Take advantage of more opportunities that are available to me – travel abroad at some point, apply to lots of the camps that I keep meaning to apply to and hopefully find some sort of job/summer internship at some point.
  4. To not snack between meals.

Well, that certainly feels like it’s enough to keep me going. My to-do list for this week is as follows:

1. Do two sets of physics exam questions. [0/2]
  2. Do one set of computer science exam questions. [0/1]
  3. Revise TCP/IP stack. [ ]
  4. Do 3 Olympiad Questions. [0/3]
  5. Sort out the data for my Nuffield research project. [ ]
  6. Sort out a list of upcoming application dates for camps and whatnot. [ ]

Now it’s time to go sleep, ready for a physics test tomorrow…
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Oooh, that's interesting! That would match with the official Cambridge translation so would make sense. Seems to be a decently high offer rate for Warwick students as well?

Yes, I think that's true but not all subjects are offered at the same depth, even at grad level (set theory/logic being an example that springs to mind but I'm sure there's others). Still, I'm not sure that would affect much in the end, it's just interesting to compare.
Yeah I've been told success rate is quite high? I've asked current y4s if any of their friends went part III and what sort of marks they got, and just generally talk to them about to them how they managed here, but no-one seems to know anyone...

So much is grad in the US. Like, most of year 3 over here right? I saw people not doing abstract algebra until like Y3 or Y4 of undergrad... again I'm sure you'll be fine at an institution with many students whose ability is >= your own.
SilentSolitaire
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by _gcx)
Yeah I've been told success rate is quite high? I've asked current y4s if any of their friends went part III and what sort of marks they got, and just generally talk to them about to them how they managed here, but no-one seems to know anyone...

So much is grad in the US. Like, most of year 3 over here right? I saw people not doing abstract algebra until like Y3 or Y4 of undergrad... again I'm sure you'll be fine at an institution with many students whose ability is >= your own.
I'm sure you'll find someone soon. :console: Is there anyone in your year who wants to go to Cambridge for masters?
Yes, pretty much. That's why their phDs take so much longer, the first two or so years are mostly just catch-up work to a UK masters, I think.
SilentSolitaire
Rep:
?
14/01/2020 – Thoughts on the eve of Cambridge decisions
Recently, I’ve been trying to come to terms with possibly not being able to attend MIT if the finances don’t work out, possibly not getting into Cambridge, possibly not meeting offers. It feels like there’s all these futures that I have fluttering around my head like butterflies. I can’t see any of them long enough to determine what they really hold, whether they’re the ‘right’ choice or the one I ‘should’ hope for. At the same moment, my gut is twisting into knots with the fear of failure, the fear of my life all amounting to one huge mistake.

At the beginning of the year, I made a list of everything that I did last year. Being a fairly comprehensive list, this ended up including every time that I ‘failed’, or thought that I had. The summer programs that I didn’t get into, the relationships and friendships that broke down, the tests that I didn’t do so well on.
I wouldn’t say in any way that writing that list was painful. It was interesting though. Interesting seeing how often I’ve failed in a year that I would still call overwhelmingly a ‘success’. Interesting seeing the other things that came in to fill in the gaps left behind. Interesting to try and remember why I was so worked up about these things when all I can feel now is a dull ache of what might have been.

It’s interesting to try think about future decisions in that way.

I still feel like my future is balanced on the precipice of ‘Cambridge decisions’ and ‘finance decisions’, all my previous successes just stepping stones to bigger, more public failures. I still feel like if all of this falls through my whole life will fall apart. I still feel constantly like I need to be studying more, doing more, achieving more, even though all my limbs feel like lead these days.

I’m still trying to reword that.

There’s a lot more out there than going to MIT or Cambridge next year, whether through taking a gap year or going to another university. I know that my life doesn’t rest on where I go to university or on any one decision. I know I’m allowed to have off days and I’m allowed to be nervous. I know from previous experience that the most likely option will be that everything will work out. I know that there’s a lot I don’t know about life yet and a lot of options I have left to explore.

Breathe in, breathe out.
There’s always another path to take.

-----

This week, I’ve mostly been trying to sort out my financial aid forms with MIT (so many extra forms to fill in that they’ve ended up having to contact me about…) and sorting out what I want to do with my summer. I’ve been revising for mocks and tests, while trying to keep a healthy dose of maths going, all while trying not to panic about what’s about to come. From a day-to-day point of view, I think this probably looks mostly like procrastination.
At the same time, I’ve been trying to engage slightly more with my friends. I think that actually ended up being my biggest regret last year, that I didn’t see or talk to my friends enough so I’m trying to rectify that this year. It’s slow going and I still feel lost during every conversation we have on a group chat but it feels like it’s working out better. Maybe I’ll have earnt ‘Small Talk Level 1’ by the end of this year?
Anyway, I should probably get some sleep before tomorrow... best of luck to anyone else who's receiving a Cambridge decisions tomorrow!
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm sure you'll find someone soon. :console: Is there anyone in your year who wants to go to Cambridge for masters?
Yes, pretty much. That's why their phDs take so much longer, the first two or so years are mostly just catch-up work to a UK masters, I think.
There was one on here. But otherwise no. The person who I relate to the most is irrationalroot.

Yeah I'm not sure if I'd do a masters in that case then. I even heard a case of someone who accelerated immensely and was able to pass a cam phd interview in their third year skipping a masters! I really doubt I'm that smart lol that sounds like some next level stuff.

Gl for tomorrow I'm sure it'll be good news.
Cocochdy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
14/01/2020 – Thoughts on the eve of Cambridge decisions
Recently, I’ve been trying to come to terms with possibly not being able to attend MIT if the finances don’t work out, possibly not getting into Cambridge, possibly not meeting offers. It feels like there’s all these futures that I have fluttering around my head like butterflies. I can’t see any of them long enough to determine what they really hold, whether they’re the ‘right’ choice or the one I ‘should’ hope for. At the same moment, my gut is twisting into knots with the fear of failure, the fear of my life all amounting to one huge mistake.

At the beginning of the year, I made a list of everything that I did last year. Being a fairly comprehensive list, this ended up including every time that I ‘failed’, or thought that I had. The summer programs that I didn’t get into, the relationships and friendships that broke down, the tests that I didn’t do so well on.
I wouldn’t say in any way that writing that list was painful. It was interesting though. Interesting seeing how often I’ve failed in a year that I would still call overwhelmingly a ‘success’. Interesting seeing the other things that came in to fill in the gaps left behind. Interesting to try and remember why I was so worked up about these things when all I can feel now is a dull ache of what might have been.

It’s interesting to try think about future decisions in that way.

I still feel like my future is balanced on the precipice of ‘Cambridge decisions’ and ‘finance decisions’, all my previous successes just stepping stones to bigger, more public failures. I still feel like if all of this falls through my whole life will fall apart. I still feel constantly like I need to be studying more, doing more, achieving more, even though all my limbs feel like lead these days.

I’m still trying to reword that.

There’s a lot more out there than going to MIT or Cambridge next year, whether through taking a gap year or going to another university. I know that my life doesn’t rest on where I go to university or on any one decision. I know I’m allowed to have off days and I’m allowed to be nervous. I know from previous experience that the most likely option will be that everything will work out. I know that there’s a lot I don’t know about life yet and a lot of options I have left to explore.

Breathe in, breathe out.
There’s always another path to take.

-----

This week, I’ve mostly been trying to sort out my financial aid forms with MIT (so many extra forms to fill in that they’ve ended up having to contact me about…) and sorting out what I want to do with my summer. I’ve been revising for mocks and tests, while trying to keep a healthy dose of maths going, all while trying not to panic about what’s about to come. From a day-to-day point of view, I think this probably looks mostly like procrastination.
At the same time, I’ve been trying to engage slightly more with my friends. I think that actually ended up being my biggest regret last year, that I didn’t see or talk to my friends enough so I’m trying to rectify that this year. It’s slow going and I still feel lost during every conversation we have on a group chat but it feels like it’s working out better. Maybe I’ll have earnt ‘Small Talk Level 1’ by the end of this year?
Anyway, I should probably get some sleep before tomorrow... best of luck to anyone else who's receiving a Cambridge decisions tomorrow!
Good luck with Cambridge tomorrow, I hope that whatever answer you may get, you will be happy with it and glat that the wait was over. I wish you all the best
SilentSolitaire
Rep:
?
(Original post by _gcx)
There was one on here. But otherwise no. The person who I relate to the most is irrationalroot.

Yeah I'm not sure if I'd do a masters in that case then. I even heard a case of someone who accelerated immensely and was able to pass a cam phd interview in their third year skipping a masters! I really doubt I'm that smart lol that sounds like some next level stuff.

Gl for tomorrow I'm sure it'll be good news.
Hopefully that sorts itself out soon?
!!!! That sounds intense...
Thank you, hopefully you're right.
SilentSolitaire
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cocochdy)
Good luck with Cambridge tomorrow, I hope that whatever answer you may get, you will be happy with it and glat that the wait was over. I wish you all the best
Thank you! Are you also waiting for a decision?
Cocochdy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thank you! Are you also waiting for a decision?
Not for Cambridge - waiting for Warwick and Leeds. What about you, are you waiting for any other decisions?
SilentSolitaire
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cocochdy)
Not for Cambridge - waiting for Warwick and Leeds. What about you, are you waiting for any other decisions?
Good luck and hope you hear back soon!
No, just Cambridge.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (272)
15.51%
Uncertainty around my education (274)
15.62%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (174)
9.92%
Isolating with family (123)
7.01%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (79)
4.5%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (147)
8.38%
Loneliness (174)
9.92%
Financial worries (70)
3.99%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (160)
9.12%
Exposure to negative news/social media (125)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (156)
8.89%

Watched Threads