Tom22561
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, I am about to go into my second year of Studying Economics at a Top 10 target UK University. Unfortunately I received a high 2:2 in my first year which will hinder my applications significantly because of this I decided to get a job/internship at a small local accounting firm to boost my application which only confirmed that my interest in the financial world is genuine. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and wanted to learn more about that field so I decided to look for summer internships.

Currently my Experience/Education looks like this:

- A 2:2 in Economics

- 3 Months at a small local accounting practice

- 1 week at a bigger accounting practice (2 Offices around 60+ employees)

- 2 years at a bar job in my town

Does any one have a list or just suggestions of Consulting/Accounting/Financial advising firms that I could have a realistic chance of getting into for the summer internship schemes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tom22561
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Bump
ajj2000
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Just apply and see what happens! If nothing else you get used to the application processes, aptitude tests and so on. I'd also look for as many sessions with firms that you can as they show knowledge and interest when you apply for training contracts.
kiiten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Most firms look for a 2:1 as you probably know BUT as youre going into second year you could just apply wherever you want and put that youre predicted a 2:1 providing you do well this coming semester

P.S. if theres an official accounting internship 2020 thread please can someone quote me with the link, thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (188)
23.98%
Pop (191)
24.36%
Jazz (30)