The Student Room Group

What did you want to be career-wise when you were a child?

I wanted to be an astronaut at 5 years old, builder at 6 years old, inventor at 7, scientist at 9, concert pianist at 11 and seismologist at 16.
I wanted to be a construction worker when I was a child.

Then I discovered most well paid jobs require far less hard work, so I adjusted my career aspirations.
Pretty consistently a vet until about 10 I think, just because I liked my cat!

From then until like 17 I don't remember really thinking about it at all tbh. Just focused on the next academic step in front of me always on the assumption I would be doing a degree.
Reply 3
when i was a kid till like i was 12/13 i wanted to be an actress, model (lol i had plans to go on america’s next top model) and vet (those were the main ones). then i wanted to be a movie director, then an animator, then a youtuber, then a dancer, then a doctor, then a psychologist and now a lawyer!

it’s been a long ride 😂
Pilot, firefighter, spy, author, doctor (medical), philosopher are all the ones I can remember right now! Now I'm on the way to become a biologist and hope to become a doctor but of research.
Shop assistant (like my dad) that thought was just always in my mind but then it was business woman, dietician, police officer, firefighter, then it was flight attendant again,
Now is idk wat I wanna do
But it’s something business related or finance or somewhere in the bank something like that
Original post by GeolPhysics
I wanted to be an astronaut at 5 years old, builder at 6 years old, inventor at 7, scientist at 9, concert pianist at 11 and seismologist at 16.

I think I wanted to be a vet until I was around, what, 8? Then a fashion designer because I found out that it was basically just drawing (or so I thought) until I was 12, when my friend convinced me to be a doctor so we could move to Canada and open a surgery together. Then I was homeschooled for a few months and realised how bloody it would be and I started focusing on my work instead. That lasted until I was 14. Then I wanted to become an animator (cartoons, of course) after watching multiple AMVs on YouTube. That lasted until March this year, when my love for space was rekindled and I started to want to be an Astrophysicist. That leads us to now, a couple weeks away from being 16, where I realised I can make money off of my bad drawings by selling them online part-time whilst doing my GCSEs, and in the future my A Levels and any University work I'm doing. So here I am, an aspiring astrophysicist who's going to sell their digital art in commissions on the side.

I am honestly dreading testing the waters and seeing if it'll be good enough of an idea to do it for as long as I plan to :')
Teacher on the weekdays and doctor on the weekends :lol:
Wanted to be a sweet shop keeper when I was a kid. Then wanted to be a doctor as a teen.

Currently a 3rd year pharmacy student, possibly looking into post grad medicine.
Always wanted to be an author (and still do!😂😂)
Currently working towards being a librarian.... So, you know, close enough 😏😏
lol i wanted to be a train driver
then an actor, then doctor, then pofessional pianist, then engineer, and now a lawyer...(not gonna work i bet)
tho we all know what i will really be......
a killer train 😎
Reply 11
i wanted to be an Author, social worker and photographer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending