Help :(, uni related

Watch this thread
obada edel
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
After 3 years of misery, I completed GCSE Match and English, got grade 4 in English and 5 in Math, finished my certificate in IT USER SKILLS L2.After that I was excited cus I have only one year left to do my Access to HE in computing and network technology but unfortunately my college removed the course from their system ;( I was like ok there must be another way to do it I found couple of course that will qualify me to uni and I was happy!! Not until I found out that I need GCSE science at grade 4 that bumped me cus I have asked many advisors in my college and different colleges and they all said “ no you dont need science they dont expect you to have science “ so I stopped thinking of science but when I call the uni to make sure I am in the right path and next year will apply to that course ( computer science) “ Science is required in order to apply for that course” MMU said so eventually I must have science gcse to enter their course (MMU), does anyone know which one is easier for me, applied science or GCSE science I have never studied science in English so I gotta start from the scratch.
Looking forward to your reply, thank you, and sorry for making it so long .
Hadal
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
I don't know if this helps or not but my sister is now 2nd year at Uni and she does not hold A-level at all, 1 GCSE maths grade 4 and GCSE English grade 3 but she has level 3 BTCE art (2years eduction).

When she applied for the Uni they said you have the UCAS point for the course and you can be enrolled in, however, you must do GCSE alongside the degree otherwise won't be graduation. Some students and staff said it not necessary to do GCSE English at all they just try to scare her so she have to do it for a better future when she applies for a job.

I am not sure if this will apply to your case but what I know, so far if you have the UCAS points for the course then anyway else can solve somehow alongside doing the degree.

The Access you planning to do MUST be related to the degree subject. AND achieve the distinction and merits they asking for.

Good Luck.
obada edel
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Hadal)
I don't know if this helps or not but my sister is now 2nd year at Uni and she does not hold A-level at all, 1 GCSE maths grade 4 and GCSE English grade 3 but she has level 3 BTCE art (2years eduction).

When she applied for the Uni they said you have the UCAS point for the course and you can be enrolled in, however, you must do GCSE alongside the degree otherwise won't be graduation. Some students and staff said it not necessary to do GCSE English at all they just try to scare her so she have to do it for a better future when she applies for a job.

I am not sure if this will apply to your case but what I know, so far if you have the UCAS points for the course then anyway else can solve somehow alongside doing the degree.

The Access you planning to do MUST be related to the degree subject. AND achieve the distinction and merits they asking for.

Good Luck.
Actually it helps, thanks for your time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (28)
18.54%
The paper was reasonable (65)
43.05%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
17.88%
It was TERRIBLE (31)
20.53%

Watched Threads