I studied:
Maths
English Lit + Lang
Triple Science / Separate Science
History
RE
French

I also took up Further Maths in Y11

Is it important to take furather maths or its our wish?
Can we choose between eng Lang and lit or we have to do both
Hey, congrats on the great results

Could you tell me how you revised the exam technique for Biology Gcse cause I keep struggling with that.

Thanks
Original post by Pang13
Hi guys! This is definitely not meant to be a brag post, I’m just bored and want to help by answering any questions you guys might have. So ask away :smile:

i need help in english please how do you revise literature
How do you revise for english in year 10. Because english is one of my weak subjects and I'm not sure how to revise/improve before i have learnt all of the content
Original post by Pang13
Not really, I had my own personal goals and knew that I deserved a break when I had one.

RE, French, Maths, Further Maths

So I took 10 (inc Further Maths). You can see them all on one of my first posts.

At first, I was influenced by how other people would see me, and I thought that if I take sciences (+ maybe french) people would see me as smart. But I ended up just taking what I enjoyed, and I will see where that will lead me, because in the end, A-Levels are WAYYYY more intense and independent, and there’s no longer a point in doing a subject for the sake of doing it, since you’re spending more time reading around it.

Just dm me and I will try to send over some of my example paragraphs/essays/answers. I’ll also see if I can post one here.

Thank you very much! And tbh, I didn’t find triple science that hard or burdensome. In fact, I would say it is almost easier as you treat it as 3 separate GCSEs, and you know what topics are in which subject and it’s easier to revise. Basically, it’s really not that overwhelming, and as long as you’re willing to really grind at those past papers, I’m sure you’ll do absolutely fine :wink:

oh okay, thanks so much (: oh and did u use any specific revision techniques that would help me or anything? x
I also got all 9s in my GCSEs (on the first year of the spec though, so in 2018 and not this year) & I found that having a good set of notes early on made everything a lot easier because once you have a base set of notes you can use these for flashcards/mindmaps etc to actually go over the content - but this was easier said than done because of the lack of resources I had.
I think there’s more around now, so I’d deffo recommend the textbooks. I found the English ones a bit basic though tbh - the best place for that would be YouTube channels or even online, I know past students have put them up on Tes or Depop and some of my friends used them when sitting the exams this year!❤️
Reply 86
Original post by Pang13
To be honest, since your in Year 10, I would just do the work that is set for you by the teacher and not stress yourself out too much. The most important thing is to take good notes and to make sure you pay attention in class so you don’t have to worry as much in Year 11.

Thank u :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by Pang13
Hi guys! This is definitely not meant to be a brag post, I’m just bored and want to help by answering any questions you guys might have. So ask away :smile:

Hey!! I have recently just started my year 11 and i am trying to revise, However do you have any ideas on how I can revise, or how can I set a timetable to make time for all of my lessons!!

Thankyou
Reply 88
Original post by aquamonkey
I also got all 9s in my GCSEs (on the first year of the spec though, so in 2018 and not this year) & I found that having a good set of notes early on made everything a lot easier because once you have a base set of notes you can use these for flashcards/mindmaps etc to actually go over the content - but this was easier said than done because of the lack of resources I had.
I think there’s more around now, so I’d deffo recommend the textbooks. I found the English ones a bit basic though tbh - the best place for that would be YouTube channels or even online, I know past students have put them up on Tes or Depop and some of my friends used them when sitting the exams this year!❤️

Hey, I am doing my GCSES this 2020 and if there are anymore tips that you have can you please let me know!!
Since, I am slightly stressing and also don't exactly know how to fit all subjects for revision.

Thankyou
Reply 89
Original post by snigdhad0002
How do you revise for english in year 10. Because english is one of my weak subjects and I'm not sure how to revise/improve before i have learnt all of the content

For English revision, I recommend using Quizlet flashcards, especially if you have to memorise some quotes! Not only that don't over stress yourself about English just make certain notes on a topic and try to go over them at every half an hour! If you want then you should also ask your teacher for more revision techniques!

I am sure she will like to help :smile:
Reply 90
Do you have any tips for studying ! I mean i'm smart but i am not great at studying so even thought my grades are really good I want to make them better and I want to study harder ! I really want to get 9s in my GCSE's
how many hours did you study
Duolingo helps a lot, check it out!
Reply 93
Do you still have ur quizlet vocab that i can use? Especially for french coz i find it difficult but i love learning it just not studying it
Well done.. That is amazing!
Did you make notes for everything on the sciences and the history?
How did you revise for English and English Lit?
I'm in year 11 and starting add maths.. any tips for that?
Reply 95
Original post by Monkey04

Im starting add maths too. Have you started binomial expansion yet?
What subjects are you doing for alevel?
Hi pang13 i just want to know as a new yr 11 how did you start planning for your revision?, how did you study history as there is alot of content? and do you think triple science is worth it as i can still go on to do the same a levels for science with double and i feel like triple takes up alot of time.thank you very much and well done!!
Reply 98
How do you revise or study if you dont know how? flashcards? online?
Reply 99
Original post by omreet
When did you start revising for GCSEs?

Easter of Year 11, but started doing little bits from the start of year 11
Original post by certi_db
What was your morning routine?
What was your after school routine?
How did you revise and how did you take your notes?
What music did you listen to when revising?
What websites did u use to revise for science (I suck at science 😕)?
How did u revise for science?
What revision techniques did you use?

Sorry for so much questions I’m just curious 😂

1. Woke up, shower, have breakfast, while listening to music the whole way:biggrin:
Original post by Ayesha1313
Is it important to take furather maths or its our wish?
Can we choose between eng Lang and lit or we have to do both

You have to do both English's, but further maths should be done if you aren’t struggling with your workload and you’re likely to get a 7-9 in GCSEs.
Original post by pokelove
Hey, congrats on the great results

Could you tell me how you revised the exam technique for Biology Gcse cause I keep struggling with that.

Thanks

Thanks! For biology, try to get all the information down on flashcards and learn as much of it as possible. Make sure you do this from the spec, because the mark scheme is very specific about the words you use.
Original post by pocha04
i need help in english please how do you revise literature

Original post by snigdhad0002

^^^^^^^See my other posts for English :smile:
Original post by gocrazygostupidd
oh okay, thanks so much (: oh and did u use any specific revision techniques that would help me or anything? x

Maths - hegarty maths + doing as many practice questions as possible.
Sciences - revision cards + practice papers
Humanities + English - essay plans are the way to go!
Original post by smh101
Hey!! I have recently just started my year 11 and i am trying to revise, However do you have any ideas on how I can revise, or how can I set a timetable to make time for all of my lessons!!

Thankyou

Check out my posts on using the promodoro technique to revise in 25 minute chunks. Just set out 4 slots per day and 5-6 slots for the weekend.
Original post by N1Y4.88
Do you have any tips for studying ! I mean i'm smart but i am not great at studying so even thought my grades are really good I want to make them better and I want to study harder ! I really want to get 9s in my GCSE's

Use an app like flora or forest to stop you from going on your phone during revision. It’s not all about how much revision you do: it’s about how effective it is. Doing 25 minutes of intensive revision is much better than doing hours of mindless notes.
Original post by YSumanasuriya
how many hours did you study

A few hours per day after school, than maybe 4-5 hours every Saturday and Sunday.

Original post by Monkey04

Thanks! Check out the tips above for how to revise each subject :smile:

Original post by Maram noury
Hi pang13 i just want to know as a new yr 11 how did you start planning for your revision?, how did you study history as there is alot of content? and do you think triple science is worth it as i can still go on to do the same a levels for science with double and i feel like triple takes up alot of time.thank you very much and well done!!

Break down the history papers into subsections then make quizlet flashcards of all the key content from the revision guides. Another way to use active recall is to put post it notes on each double page of the revision guide, and write down questions to test the content, then on the other side have the answer (it’s basically cover and see)

Original post by Niteesh
How do you revise or study if you dont know how? flashcards? online?

Make sure it’s active revision, and not passive. I.e make sure it’s not just writing notes or reading the revision guide. Instead, you should be making flashcards with just ONE question and ONE answer: it may lead to a big pack of flashcards, but it will lead to better results and more efficient revision.

Quick Reply