Emily_jessica
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Has anyone got any tips on how to structure an essay for the NEA, or how to write the introduction
VegetableMarvell
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did mine on women's history (over 100 years) but I can share my intro if it'll help with general structure ideas?

What's your question?
Emily_jessica
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
“The use of terror was the only genuine method of effective control in Russia between 1881 - 1991” To what extent do you agree?
VegetableMarvell
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Emily_jessica)
“The use of terror was the only genuine method of effective control in Russia between 1881 - 1991” To what extent do you agree?
Interesting question! I structure mine entirely chronologically in 10 year chunks per large paragraph, which might help manage it.

I don't know if this is helpful, but I'll share my intro in case it gives you an idea on how to get started.
My question was:
"“By 1960, the concept of the angel in the house had been completely eradicated.”
Within the context of 1854 to 1960, to what extent is this an accurate representation of the change in British Women’s social position?"

And my intro was:
In 1854, Coventry Patmore’s narrative poem “Angel in the House” was published, and within it, there was a reflection of the ideal Victorian woman. The “Angel” archetype of the Middle Class domestic goddess widely influenced culture of this period, as male artists and writers portrayed the naïve, innocent female and the economically dependent Middle Class wife entirely favourably and idealistically. This idealisation of domesticity and the unenlightened purity of the feminine is widely considered to have passed by 1960, considered to be working, with improved standards of living and more social individuality brought about by the political freedom of the vote. However, the mother, wife and domesticated ‘angel’ did not disappear, but instead became surreptitiously ingrained into societal norms of a woman’s personal life. She is demonstrated in the idolisation of naïve and home focussed femininity that lasted for decades, an idolisation that was still not truly shifted by 1960.

I used sources as my base for everything, and I began with a source. That might help you get started?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (1)
4.17%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (5)
20.83%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (3)
12.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
12.5%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (9)
37.5%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (3)
12.5%

Watched Threads