The Biggest Week in British Politics: No Deal Brexit - General Election Imminent. Watch

JMR2019.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
This thread is a discussion about the apparently imminent general election which may be in the first few weeks of October, and may be announced as soon as Wednesday.

We may also see attempts in Parliament to vote against the government, or pass legislation against No Deal Brexit.

It could be that the whip will be withdrawn on several Tory MPs who refuse to back the PM. All in all it might be one of the most important and unpredictable weeks in British politics.

What are your thoughts?
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Those are my thoughts!

I suppose whether an election takes place will depend upon the success (or lack thereof) of the anti no deal alliance. If they are able to block a no deal (somehow) then the PM may be forced to call an election to give him the majority needed to ensure a no deal.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I kind of want an election, just because its something to do for a month... ive just finished my last TV show, would be good to have some entertainment.. the coverage would be great, and election nights are always brilliant. Especially given that this could be one of the least predictable in my life time...

For me personally though, I would be very happy if we remained in the EU and we started out on that path.. I will be a bit disapointed but mostly ok if we leave without a deal.. If we leave with a deal, who knows? depends what the deal is... but the one thing I really don't want is another delay or extension. I've waited to long for this, and have my family decision on hold at the moment as the outcome of brexit dictates where we will migrate to next. I wanted to move by january, so knowing if our destination will be the UK or not would be great before then... another 6 month delay would really piss me off.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
To be frank my ability to give a **** has been seriously eroded on this topic...
JMR2019.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
To be frank my ability to give a **** has been seriously eroded on this topic...
Understandable, I suppose..
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by JMR2019.)
Understandable, I suppose..
Well, in fairness, theres only so much of Labour and the Tories ****ery one can take before you become numb to it.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Let me win or I'll throw the board across the room and break half the pieces. Very mature...
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SHallowvale)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Those are my thoughts!

I suppose whether an election takes place will depend upon the success (or lack thereof) of the anti no deal alliance. If they are able to block a no deal (somehow) then the PM may be forced to call an election to give him the majority needed to ensure a no deal.
You expect him to win a majority? He doesn't so look for the real motives.
Last edited by Vinny C; 2 weeks ago
ltsmith
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don't care about Brexit anymore. I'd rather spend my mental energy on other things.
_Wellies_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm just sitting here with popcorn enjoying Brexit supporters blame everyone but themselves for the almighty **** up they've caused.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by _Wellies_)
I'm just sitting here with popcorn enjoying Brexit supporters blame everyone but themselves for the almighty **** up they've caused.
Absolutely... could have been business as usual in Sunderland and Scunthorpe... new Nissan plant and all but no! Brexit Boris and Nazi Nigel spout off and everyone believes their vision of fields of sunny delight. Then they're allowed to rebrand themselves and start all over again... bit like rogue traders.
NJA
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This game of Poker has gone on long enough, time to go "all in".

https://youtu.be/GkBAWXmeUO8
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by NJA)
This game of Poker has gone on long enough, time to go "all in".

https://youtu.be/GkBAWXmeUO8
Unfortunately, Russian roulette describes it somewhat better.
QueenOfFabulous
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I really hate Brexit but at this point I don’t have the energy to waste my time being angry about it when I know I can’t really do anything about it.
Dextro845
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don't want brexit to happen but being under 18 at the time I didn't really have a say nore did I have much interest in politics and what it means for me. I really hope they can come to some agreement so non of my student benefits or being able to work in the EU when studying abroad. I guess I would have been on the 48% side to remain if given the chance to vote.
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Vinny C)
You expect him to win a majority? He doesn't so look for the real motives.
Based on the current polls, yes.

I'd like for him to lose spectacularly but I can't see that happening.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (198)
24.32%
Pop (197)
24.2%
Jazz (33)
4.05%
Classical (46)
5.65%
Hip-Hop (154)
18.92%
Electronic (54)
6.63%
Indie (132)
16.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise