The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How old are you now, 15 (your username)?
wait till you're financially stable and move out , then tell them
Original post by SlightlySummer
How old are you now, 15 (your username)?

Yeah x
Reply 4
I think u are still young instead do more research and then come up with a decision, there is no need to rush things especially when it comes to religion because it's not an overnight process. I advice you to do more research about Islam and reach the whole quran with the meaning and try to understand it. this is just another test that u have to overcome. in my opinion u should try to avoid saying that u want to leave religion because that fact that u was born a Muslim is the greatest gift in itself u should feel blessed everyday that u are Muslim. also missing out on what food pork u want to eat pork which is haram for a reason they are dirty animals, God is protecting you from such things hence there are rules that like he loves you and u should give the same love and attention. it doesn't matter what age you are but when ever someone leaves a religion or joins a religion they have to give a lot of thought and understanding to their choice. I hope u get back on track and don't loose hope. I also suggest you pray and follow the 5 pillars where appropriate and try to feel spiritual but if u feel like u can't do it and just don't want to do it then the rest Is up to you. also understand the situation u are in when I comes to Muslim parents and at the end of the day there job is to tell u what is right and wrong and they have done that then the rest is up to you because at the end if the day u will solely get judged by and Allah and will get questioned for ur choices and actions, not ur parents so once again give it a lot of thought. I suggest u get back in track and include urself in holy things try to feel spiritual. Islam is not a joke yes it may seem a little unfair but in reality it is not because the book and teaching don't change but our understanding does and how we judge it so we have to be open minded. I hope u understand where I am coming from and change for the better. may Allah guide u, u are in my prayers.
Original post by BashR
I think u are still young instead do more research and then come up with a decision, there is no need to rush things especially when it comes to religion because it's not an overnight process. I advice you to do more research about Islam and reach the whole quran with the meaning and try to understand it. this is just another test that u have to overcome. in my opinion u should try to avoid saying that u want to leave religion because that fact that u was born a Muslim is the greatest gift in itself u should feel blessed everyday that u are Muslim. also missing out on what food pork u want to eat pork which is haram for a reason they are dirty animals, God is protecting you from such things hence there are rules that like he loves you and u should give the same love and attention. it doesn't matter what age you are but when ever someone leaves a religion or joins a religion they have to give a lot of thought and understanding to their choice. I hope u get back on track and don't loose hope. I also suggest you pray and follow the 5 pillars where appropriate and try to feel spiritual but if u feel like u can't do it and just don't want to do it then the rest Is up to you. also understand the situation u are in when I comes to Muslim parents and at the end of the day there job is to tell u what is right and wrong and they have done that then the rest is up to you because at the end if the day u will solely get judged by and Allah and will get questioned for ur choices and actions, not ur parents so once again give it a lot of thought. I suggest u get back in track and include urself in holy things try to feel spiritual. Islam is not a joke yes it may seem a little unfair but in reality it is not because the book and teaching don't change but our understanding does and how we judge it so we have to be open minded. I hope u understand where I am coming from and change for the better. may Allah guide u, u are in my prayers.

Oh boy, what a thoughtful and objective answer :rolleyes:

OP, do some reading from both sides. See arguments for the religion in question, and for being non-religious. Do note that most pro-religion material will be biased, but try to evaluate the evidence for the claims they make. If there's anything specific you're struggling with, let us know, it will be good to discuss it.

Best of luck.
Original post by TasteLikeChicken
Oh boy, what a thoughtful and objective answer :rolleyes:

OP, do some reading from both sides. See arguments for the religion in question, and for being non-religious. Do note that most pro-religion material will be biased, but try to evaluate the evidence for the claims they make. If there's anything specific you're struggling with, let us know, it will be good to discuss it.

Best of luck.

Both sides will be biased, actually

Wrong. There is no evidence to support any religion, so it's only possible to be biased towards religion.

Whilst people are free to believe what they want, that must not be confused with the fact that unevidenced, incredible claims have zero credibility.
(edited 4 years ago)

Perhaps, but as the other poster said, the burden of proof is on the religious, and it hasn't been met yet. However, many apologists will act as if there is evidence (such as Jesus's resurrection, obscure prophecies) and will do mental backflips to rationalise immoralities in scripture (slavery, wife beating, genocide to name a few) which is simply disingenuous. I do concede that the atheistic side can misinterpret scripture and overplay certain things, but not being convinced of an existence of a creator god (or gods) due to lack of evidence is the rational position.
Reply 9
Just leave your religion if you want to. You don't need to tell them - do what u want outside with just pretend to be a good muslim at home, till you're financially stable and can move out
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by BashR

I'm just waiting for someone like QE2 to rip this to shreds 😂
Reply 11
Original post by Fuego1
Just leave your religion if you want to. You don't need to tell them - do what u want outside with just pretend to be a good muslim at home, till you're financially stable and can move out

pretending to be Muslim is a very bad idea, if she wants to
not be Muslim then be open there's no need to hide and fake
Reply 12
Original post by Fuego1

that don't make sense
Reply 13
Original post by BashR

so why do many muslim communities and families look down on, disown, emotionally abuse and even threaten their children if they leave islam? I've even heard parents say that 'under islam, I wouldn't class them as my son/daughter if they left the religion'
Reply 14
Original post by BashR
that don't make sense

a bit like religion then
Reply 15
Original post by Fuego1
a bit like religion then

kind of true
You need to realise the consequences of this decision.
If you leave Islam, what will you benefit? If you don't leave Islam, you won't lose anything. I know why people think about doing this, they haven't been educated properly. You see, Islam isn't just strict rules that one has to abide to, it's about being there for God so that you can benefit after you die. Life isn't just about fun and games, but that one has to have a balance of it. God will ask you 'what have you done in the life I have given you?' and what will you respond? I'm just trying to help out here, but the other fellow users don't seem to help you out here as they sadly have a bad image of Islam.
Original post by Fuego1

He can’t access the F&S forum: the mods permabanned him from it a long time ago :lol:
Original post by BashR

Not with the rulings on apostasy and hypocrites (munafiqun).
Original post by BashR
that don't make sense

There’s about 3/4 of them who are insanely anti-Islamic and quite insensitive..I’d just ignore them :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending