HELPPPPPP!!!!Photography or History? What shall I pick for my GCSE subjects?

Watch
itsmeuno
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Now for my GCSE subjects I'm doing English,Maths,Science,RE,French and you can pick 2 more subjects which is your choice. I have picked computer science because i enjoy it but I need too pick one more. I have picked History too and today was my first lesson of GCSE but it was quite boring but hey isnt every GCSE subject like that. We learnt about cold war but the teacher did say she picked this subject first because it was boring and she want too get it out of the way. Then when class finished my friend came up too me saying "I'm doing photography and it was fun, were going on a trip on Wednesday, do you want too choose photography?" and this made think. Too be honest with you if the trips wasn't apart of it I wouldn't have cared but then again I thought that I rather choose an subject i enjoy because in college i'll be able too change it. But what do you guys think, shall I do History or Photography? And so you know abit about me, I want too be an cyber security person when am older or an lawyer or a crime scene investigator or a therapist (because I give good advice too my friends when there angry or have relationship problems). Am going to be honest I picked History because I got good grades in that subject in year 9 and if I was going too be a lawyer or crimes scene investigator that subject will be useful but then I could always do History in college.But I never done the subject Photography before so I dont know how its like. Am 14 years old and worrying what i'm going to be when am older. Please help me, I know am suppose too have the answer but am stuck on what I should do. Thank you for reading this and hope you can help x
I thing I jus waffled bears but i cant really explain it when you dunno me.
GAMER12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by itsmeuno)
Now for my GCSE subjects I'm doing English,Maths,Science,RE,French and you can pick 2 more subjects which is your choice. I have picked computer science because i enjoy it but I need too pick one more. I have picked History too and today was my first lesson of GCSE but it was quite boring but hey isnt every GCSE subject like that. We learnt about cold war but the teacher did say she picked this subject first because it was boring and she want too get it out of the way. Then when class finished my friend came up too me saying "I'm doing photography and it was fun, were going on a trip on Wednesday, do you want too choose photography?" and this made think. Too be honest with you if the trips wasn't apart of it I wouldn't have cared but then again I thought that I rather choose an subject i enjoy because in college i'll be able too change it. But what do you guys think, shall I do History or Photography? And so you know abit about me, I want too be an cyber security person when am older or an lawyer or a crime scene investigator or a therapist (because I give good advice too my friends when there angry or have relationship problems). Am going to be honest I picked History because I got good grades in that subject in year 9 and if I was going too be a lawyer or crimes scene investigator that subject will be useful but then I could always do History in college.But I never done the subject Photography before so I dont know how its like. Am 14 years old and worrying what i'm going to be when am older. Please help me, I know am suppose too have the answer but am stuck on what I should do. Thank you for reading this and hope you can help x
I thing I jus waffled bears but i cant really explain it when you dunno me.
Hello , Do Photography since u can do History at College with a good Eng Literature grade like 6+ .
itsmeuno
Rep:
?
(Original post by GAMER12)
Hello , Do Photography since u can do History at College with a good Eng Literature grade like 6+ .
Thank you!! I'll take this too consideration. I appreciate this respond.
GAMER12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you!! I'll take this too consideration. I appreciate this respond.
And I appreciate that you are the only year 9 on TSR that has really good manners . Your Welcome and once again take photography becuase I can sense you are a creative person but also academic
username4935318
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I studied History at GCSE and absolutely loved it It's one of the facilitating subjects too, so colleges and universities view it in a high regard. (Though remember, GCSEs don't mean too much to universities unless you're applying to Oxford/Cambridge/Medicine/Dentistry).

I had a friend that studied GCSE Photography, and she told me that her workload was ridiculously high and that the coursework was really hard, same with a few friends that I had that did GCSE Art.

GCSE History was very formulaic, and it seemed very easy to get very high marks just by structuring your answers in a way that matches the mark schemes and to impress the examiners. Once you understand how to answer the essay questions, all you really need to do is remember a few key facts and you can get very high marks.
itsmeuno
Rep:
?
Year 10** actually but yes thank you I have good manners. I'll let you know if I do pick this subject.
Emma_whiteford
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hey, these are two very different options.
take history if you like english and writing.
take photography if you like art and being creative.
at the end of the day its whether you prefer to learn lots of dates and lots of information, or whether you would prefer to do coursework and something physical.
hope this helps.
itsmeuno
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emma_whiteford)
hey, these are two very different options.
at the end of the day its whether you prefer to learn lots of dates and lots of information, or whether you would prefer to do coursework and something physical.
hope this helps.
Thank you this has helped me and got me thinking on what I prefer.
username4935318
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Emma_whiteford)
I think this sums it up pretty well
itsmeuno
Rep:
?
(Original post by TwistedIvy)
I think this sums it up pretty well
Yes it has and I dont really like art and am not creative and I never wanted too do photography before, its just because I heard about the trips part.
username4935318
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes it has and I dont really like art and am not creative and I never wanted too do photography before, its just because I heard about the trips part.
I did GCSE History and really enjoyed it, so I hope you do too
Emma_whiteford
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I defiantly think do history because art and being creative is a massive part to photography Just remember history has lots of trips too just not right at the start! It might even be the only trip for photography!
username4935318
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh darn, I got jipped then! We didn't have any school trips for GCSE History
JosephTheLawyer
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't pick a subject because it has a trip you might like to go on right near the beginning. History also has trips but it is usually at the end of modules/exam papers because they want you to know why you're visting where you're visiting. When my class finished the Cold War, many were taken to Berlin to see the Berlin Wall and learn more about the Cold War.
username4935318
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JosephTheLawyer)
When my class finished the Cold War, many were taken to Berlin to see the Berlin Wall and learn more about the Cold War.
:eek: I would have loved that
JosephTheLawyer
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TwistedIvy)
:eek: I would have loved that
Yeah, I didn't go simply because I went to Iceland on a geography trip instead.
username4935318
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah, I didn't go simply because I went to Iceland on a geography trip instead.
Holy mackerel! The only trip that I went on during GCSE was to the seaside to look at the coastal protection
itsmeuno
Rep:
?
Don't pick a subject because it has a trip you might like to go on right near the beginning. History also has trips but it is usually at the end of modules/exam papers because they want you to know why you're visting where you're visiting. When my class finished the Cold War, many were taken to Berlin to see the Berlin Wall and learn more about the Cold War.
Thank you I think this comment got me thinking about it. I'll stick too history.
Scotney
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you I think this comment got me thinking about it. I'll stick too history.
That is the correct decision.
username4935318
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We did The American West and Medicine Through Time when I did GCSE History, so it might have changed a bit now, but I really really enjoyed GCSE History and I even carried it on and took it at AS Level
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (295)
55.87%
I don't have everything I need (233)
44.13%

Watched Threads