Failed Module = Whole year wasted? Watch

nefroti
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So I study at UEL (University of East London)
I have failed 1 module during my 1st year, I kinda knew that I failed it I just didn't feel that I did well, but I expected either to retake it during my 2nd year, or retake entire 1st year. But I did not expect that the Uni will move me to part time student for the 2019/20 , just to retake and pass that 1 failed module?

They have totally messed up my student finance at this point, I have to apply for part time, I won't be getting maintenance loan either as I am EU Student.

Is this something common uni's do? Thats so complicated
ritazip
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by nefroti)
So I study at UEL (University of East London)
I have failed 1 module during my 1st year, I kinda knew that I failed it I just didn't feel that I did well, but I expected either to retake it during my 2nd year, or retake entire 1st year. But I did not expect that the Uni will move me to part time student for the 2019/20 , just to retake and pass that 1 failed module?

They have totally messed up my student finance at this point, I have to apply for part time, I won't be getting maintenance loan either as I am EU Student.

Is this something common uni's do? Thats so complicated
Hi, I've heard of this happening before. However in those cases the student has chosen to do that, but for them to decide for you seems a bit strange. Is there someone at uni you can contact like a personal tutor or programme leader? They might have more information to help you with your next steps
nefroti
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ritazip)
Hi, I've heard of this happening before. However in those cases the student has chosen to do that, but for them to decide for you seems a bit strange. Is there someone at uni you can contact like a personal tutor or programme leader? They might have more information to help you with your next steps
Just wrote an email to my 1st year programme leader, thanks for advice
Will see what she will say, but if its stays like this it's really bad.
University of East London
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi,

I'd also advise you to get in contact with the Student Support hub call +44 (0)20 8223 4444 or email [email protected]

All the best,
Meg
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?