The Student Room Group

DPsych Counselling Psychology Help

Hi, I’m currently in my third year of my undergrad psych degree and I’m considering applying to the DPsych Counselling Psych programmes. It seems super competitive, please help! Any advice, tips would be appreciated! Thank you x
A good amount of people who I know who got onto the programme had prior experience, mostly to boost their application stats. Do you have any alternative plans?

@Interrobang any advice you could give?
Reply 2
Original post by Slowbro93
A good amount of people who I know who got onto the programme had prior experience, mostly to boost their application stats. Do you have any alternative plans?

@Interrobang any advice you could give?

Hey, thanks for your reply.
I’ve considered a masters as well, although I’m not leaning towards it. Alternately I’ve considered taking a year out, gaining more experience and then applying for the DPsych again, not sure how that would work out as I’m an international student and gaining experience in psych is a bit hard back in Dubai.
Original post by SaSh9
Hey, thanks for your reply.
I’ve considered a masters as well, although I’m not leaning towards it. Alternately I’ve considered taking a year out, gaining more experience and then applying for the DPsych again, not sure how that would work out as I’m an international student and gaining experience in psych is a bit hard back in Dubai.

As per your other thread, you need experience and the ability to reflect on it. The counselling doctorate isn't funded, so consider your options carefully

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending