Nununu
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi,

I am studying an Open BSc degree with the Open University. The modules I am going to take will be about 66% Biological and 33% Computer Science.

I have a long term aim of doing a MSc in Bioinformatics, but not before I get some relevant work experience, even if it's a low paid entry level job.

Does any one know the best way to get work experience within Bioinformatics? I am interested in more computer based work rather than working in a wet lab.
My biggest anxiety is not getting relevant work experience.
Thanks.
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Nununu)
Hi,

I am studying an Open BSc degree with the Open University. The modules I am going to take will be about 66% Biological and 33% Computer Science.

I have a long term aim of doing a MSc in Bioinformatics, but not before I get some relevant work experience, even if it's a low paid entry level job.

Does any one know the best way to get work experience within Bioinformatics? I am interested in more computer based work rather than working in a wet lab.
My biggest anxiety is not getting relevant work experience.
Thanks.
You just need to apply and see what you get. You may want to check with unis you want to study at what you will need.
ltsmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I lived with lots of people in bioinformatics. my host was a head of a major department and the other two tenants were doing unpaid internships in bioinformatics at the company the host was working at. the other two tenants had master degrees...
Nununu
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ltsmith)
I lived with lots of people in bioinformatics. my host was a head of a major department and the other two tenants were doing unpaid internships in bioinformatics at the company the host was working at. the other two tenants had master degrees...
Yikes!
ltsmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Nununu)
Yikes!
I'm of the opinion that if you're going to study something difficult like bioinformatics, you might swell study a biology or technology related degree that has more demand in the market. e.g. medicine or computer science. (and more)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate