klassyeels
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am STRESSED. We are about to go back to school and I have not been able to have time to start my dissertation, and that is not a lie, I have had one surprise holiday after the other and bad family issues I have had to prioritise along with weeks of work experience. I'm determined not to drop it as my A level combination makes a lot of teachers tell me I have no chance of getting into oxbridge (art photography english) and so before starting an a level in a language i am fluent in, I want to get this epq off my chest. I think my exam board is AQA. my teachers are completely useless; does anyone know from experience, when exactly i should have this done by/any tips for me to do well? I am capable of writing 3000 words a day, but I need to know when it is normally due, as I have given up on listening to my school. somebody helppppp!
S.carter
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by klassyeels)
I am STRESSED. We are about to go back to school and I have not been able to have time to start my dissertation, and that is not a lie, I have had one surprise holiday after the other and bad family issues I have had to prioritise along with weeks of work experience. I'm determined not to drop it as my A level combination makes a lot of teachers tell me I have no chance of getting into oxbridge (art photography english) and so before starting an a level in a language i am fluent in, I want to get this epq off my chest. I think my exam board is AQA. my teachers are completely useless; does anyone know from experience, when exactly i should have this done by/any tips for me to do well? I am capable of writing 3000 words a day, but I need to know when it is normally due, as I have given up on listening to my school. somebody helppppp!
Your supervisor should help you a lot with an EPQ, it’s definitely not something which you can do alone as far as I know because they need to fill out sections of your log form.
If you have a topic in mind I’d start researching it to see if there are enough sources to use etc
Mermaidqueen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have lots of PowerPoints giving advice on structure etc, if you want I can email them to you. I did my EPQ last year and got an A* if it’s relevant at all, and I basically did it during summer so it definitely is doable
klassyeels
Rep:
?
(Original post by S.carter)
Your supervisor should help you a lot with an EPQ, it’s definitely not something which you can do alone as far as I know because they need to fill out sections of your log form.
If you have a topic in mind I’d start researching it to see if there are enough sources to use etc
ive done most of the research - its just that i havent written the actual draft- is this a huge problem do u know?
klassyeels
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mermaidqueen)
I have lots of PowerPoints giving advice on structure etc, if you want I can email them to you. I did my EPQ last year and got an A* if it’s relevant at all, and I basically did it during summer so it definitely is doable
Oh my god this woulf be amazing, thank you. My email is [email protected] .com.
mez_merising
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
please can you send me them as well!
S.carter
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ive done most of the research - its just that i havent written the actual draft- is this a huge problem do u know?
If you haven’t formally started the EPQ, then you’re way ahead, don’t worry- you need your supervisor to approve your title and topic before you start writing)
afterwaves
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Please could you send them to me too if you don't mind? That would be so helpful!
Mermaidqueen
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh my god this woulf be amazing, thank you. My email is [email protected] .com.
Hiya, sorry for the late reply but I have just emailed them now. Although my exam board was edexcel, the principles are the same basically.
Mermaidqueen
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mez_merising)
please can you send me them as well!
sure, what's your email?
Mermaidqueen
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by afterwaves)
Please could you send them to me too if you don't mind? That would be so helpful!
of course, what's your email?
mez_merising
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
of course, what's your email?
i'll pm you x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (703)
33.88%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (886)
42.7%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.94%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.48%

Watched Threads