Study6076
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
learn by heart all the content, make revision resources for all of it and practise EQs by the end of september so i can focus the rest of year 11 on things i don't understand and exam technique and revising all the content over and over.

also regarding eqs when should i do them because some ppl say before exams but isn't that too late.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes. If you work smartly, I believe you could. What’s a EQ?
ibzz9602
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
exam questions
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Study6076)
learn by heart all the content, make revision resources for all of it and practise EQs by the end of september so i can focus the rest of year 11 on things i don't understand and exam technique and revising all the content over and over.

also regarding eqs when should i do them because some ppl say before exams but isn't that too late.
Hello,

You might be able to get straight 9s, yes, but you don't want to burn yourself out either. Create a revision timetable so your time is productive and you can keep on track with your revision. Have a look at this link for creating timetables: https://getrevising.co.uk/planner
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
I assume essential questions on a topic?
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ibzz9602)
exam questions
Ohhhh you can do eq in the year after a certain period and more closer to mocks but I suggest you focus on eq nearer to the exams like a lot.
Study6076
Rep:
?
(Original post by ibzz9602)
exam questions
what do you mean by smartly
Study6076
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hazzabear)
Hello,

You might be able to get straight 9s, yes, but you don't want to burn yourself out either. Create a revision timetable so your time is productive and you can keep on track with your revision. Have a look at this link for creating timetables: https://getrevising.co.uk/planner
why do you say might is there anything i need to change or improve of my plan
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
what do you mean by smartly
Like see what revision techniques work with you. For example if you’re an auditory learner, I suggest videos and really focus in class. If you’re a visual learner, use diagrams instead of words to make u remember and things like doodles near notes would help you understand. For me I’m more a practical person so I do more questions than consolidating my notes because I can consolidate the topics I have trouble with in my exams but also learning the Mark scheme and how to structure an answer. Consolidating is also working smartly so you know to focus on your weakness than emphasising the need to have knowledge of everything so you have a solid foundation.
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
why do you say might is there anything i need to change or improve of my plan
It's not an exact thing, you could revise really well before the exams but struggle in the exams due to other reasons. Or be burnt out from all the revision for example.
Study6076
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hazzabear)
It's not an exact thing, you could revise really well before the exams but struggle in the exams due to other reasons. Or be burnt out from all the revision for example.
how could i avoid being burnt out and what do you mean by other reasons
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
how could i avoid being burnt out and what do you mean by other reasons
Other reasons as in; being exhausted for an exam; not eating properly before an exam (lacking sugars); brain fog.

The main thing you can do is to make sure you have breaks during your revision periods and give yourself down time.
Have a look at this for feeling burnt out as well:
https://www.lanternaeducation.com/av...g-study-leave/
https://blog.gradeslam.org/how-to-av...study-burnout/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (676)
41.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads