Compelling Personal Reasons - depression Watch

tom0792
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi, I've applied for CPR I've sent off a doctors note from the university stating that I have anxiety/depression. It doesn't state that it has affected my ability to attend university as the doctor said he could not provide that much detail. I have also sent off a letter from my faculty office stating that I had meetings with them during the last academic year and that my illness affected my ability to attend the last academic year. Should this be enough the doctor wont give anymore detail and I didn't see anybody else. My condition was very debilitating and I didn't disclose my illness at the time. Mental health affects people in different ways and not everyone wants to look for help.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by tom0792)
Hi, I've applied for CPR I've sent off a doctors note from the university stating that I have anxiety/depression. It doesn't state that it has affected my ability to attend university as the doctor said he could not provide that much detail. I have also sent off a letter from my faculty office stating that I had meetings with them during the last academic year and that my illness affected my ability to attend the last academic year. Should this be enough the doctor wont give anymore detail and I didn't see anybody else. My condition was very debilitating and I didn't disclose my illness at the time. Mental health affects people in different ways and not everyone wants to look for help.
Up to SFE and whether they put the two together. I hope they have some common sense. At least you have the uni backing you up during the relevant period. Hard to say without seeing the documentation but I would think your chances sound in line with what they might expect. Would have been better if the diagnosis and drs note was during the relevant period, but you got what you could. Up to sfe.
rchlj
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm in similar situation.....what your outcome was?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (481)
59.46%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.32%
No- I want it (231)
28.55%
No- I don't want it (54)
6.67%

Watched Threads

Latest