opinions on geography cgp and suggestions of other resources to use

Watch
erthfc9
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
please give me some advice on the geography aqa cgp and suggest any other resources to use for revision of the whole course
naem071
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's better for the physical topics than the human topics, the human topics aren't as well explained and are lacking in a lot of necessary detail. Either way, the revision guide is a worthwhile resource and has a lot of practice questions and summarises the geographical skills section very well. It's worth buying a textbook to supplement the depth that's missing from the revision guide - I always recommend the Hodder book.
erthfc9
Rep:
?
(Original post by naem071)
It's better for the physical topics than the human topics, the human topics aren't as well explained and are lacking in a lot of necessary detail. Either way, the revision guide is a worthwhile resource and has a lot of practice questions and summarises the geographical skills section very well. It's worth buying a textbook to supplement the depth that's missing from the revision guide - I always recommend the Hodder book.
thankyou.please could you send a link of the textbook or revion guide you sugest(the hodder one)?what do you suggest i use to make notes?a combination of both the cgp and the textbook?
naem071
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by erthfc9)
thankyou.please could you send a link of the textbook or revion guide you sugest(the hodder one)?what do you suggest i use to make notes?a combination of both the cgp and the textbook?
If you're yet to start the course don't worry about it all just yet, in fact don't worry till you're in Year 2. You'll have your own class notes that you'll be making throughout. I recommend the CGP revision guide (wait till you begin the course as your teachers may offer them to you at a discounted price) and the Hodder textbook.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/14718586..._yHxBDbPSXPSFM
Last edited by naem071; 1 year ago
erthfc9
Rep:
?
ta.im in the second year of the course already though and im very behind on notes and learning the content.any tips?i v nervous
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.52%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
20.01%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed