Rose_Wheeler
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi i live in England and have just left high school, i completed my examinations (GCSE's) and successfully passed. However i do not want to go to college or do some form of apprenticeship. I have a part time job already and want to take it into full time. Is there any consequences when doing this? Do i have to stay in some sort of education? What will happen if i don't?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Rose_Wheeler)
Hi i live in England and have just left high school, i completed my examinations (GCSE's) and successfully passed. However i do not want to go to college or do some form of apprenticeship. I have a part time job already and want to take it into full time. Is there any consequences when doing this? Do i have to stay in some sort of education? What will happen if i don't?
England

You can leave school on the last Friday in June if you’ll be 16 by the end of the summer holidays.

You must then do one of the following until you’re 18:

stay in full-time education, for example at a college
start an apprenticeship or traineeship
spend 20 hours or more a week working or volunteering, while in part-time education or training

So you could do a part time course or in reality they arent likely to chase you even if you break the rules, but the risk you take.
Also not clear if employer will take you.

Imo you are missing out if you decide to avoid the most important free education which is worth thousands of £.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.59%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.17%
No (176)
34.24%

Watched Threads