Clucking up some A*s! (hopefully) Watch

SlightlySummer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by FlawlessChicken)
Tbh nothing's hard if you put the effort in. FM is a notoriously difficult subject and I guess something must be hard about it to get that reputation. I'd say take it if you're really good at/love maths.
Yepp, that's the thing- I don't have a passion for maths.
Tolgarda
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Damn. Are your parents Asian, by any chance?

Anyway, keep up the good work. I've been hit with some really sad news as well for me academic-wise, but I hope everything is good for you.
mez_merising
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Lmao why did I actually smile when I read the last sentence ... hey noooo you can't do this to me! (haha now I know how you feel) Awww thanks sooo much ily! :heart:
good! you deserve all the happinesses now don’t stopppp ilysm n im not going a n y w h e r e without ya dumbo so go n smash it🥰 ~~fighting~
FlawlessChicken
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by Tolgarda)
Damn. Are your parents Asian, by any chance?

Anyway, keep up the good work. I've been hit with some really sad news as well for me academic-wise, but I hope everything is good for you.
Oh heyyy everything will be alright! Even if it doesn't seem like it rn ... everything has purpose and shapes you into a better person in the future. Life isn't just academics ... there's soosososososo much more!

And yh my parents are asian - but heyy I realised that it's not really a bad thing. Life isn't always happy happy!

Hope everything works out well! We're all rooting for you!
FlawlessChicken
Rep:
?
(Original post by mez_merising)
good! you deserve all the happinesses now don’t stopppp ilysm n im not going a n y w h e r e without ya dumbo so go n smash it🥰 ~~fighting~

lmao this is literally me! Thanks sm and yh ~fighting fighting!~
Tolgarda
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Oh heyyy everything will be alright! Even if it doesn't seem like it rn ... everything has purpose and shapes you into a better person in the future. Life isn't just academics ... there's soosososososo much more!

And yh my parents are asian - but heyy I realised that it's not really a bad thing. Life isn't always happy happy!

Hope everything works out well! We're all rooting for you!
Thanks. I appreciate that so much!
laurawatt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Best of luck for everything this year, you'll smash it! :gah:
I'm doing chem ocr a too (i'm in y12 though ) and maths/fm (but aqa) :yy: Do you have any tips/useful resources? :grin: :hugs:
FlawlessChicken
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
Best of luck for everything this year, you'll smash it! :gah:
I'm doing chem ocr a too (i'm in y12 though ) and maths/fm (but aqa) :yy: Do you have any tips/useful resources? :grin: :hugs:
chemguide.org is a life saver. I did a whole load of past paper questions on physicsandmathstutor for chem!

for maths/fm there's this website called madasmaths.com. The I.Y.G.B papers are really challenging so if pmt gets boring you can always test yourself with that. If you can do those papers, you should be fine with anything tbh.

Good luck with yr12 and no slacking, it's tuff! Are you taking a fourth subject?
Last edited by FlawlessChicken; 5 months ago
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
chemguide.org is a life saver. I did a whole load of past paper questions on physicsandmathstutor for chem!

for maths/fm there's this website called madasmaths.com. The I.Y.G.B papers are really challenging so if pmt gets boring you can always test yourself with that. If you can do those papers, you should be fine with anything tbh.

Good luck with yr12 and no slacking, it's tuff! Are you taking a fourth subject?
Oooh thanks! I'll definitely check them out :hugs:
haha i'm trying to keep on top of my work so far I'm taking geography too!
Aurorae
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
OMgash yes same. I'm still a noob tho :/ Do you play with a tablet or do you use a mouse? I use a mouse but I really want a tablet.... just waiting till my bday so my parents can buy me one hopefully!
I use a tablet and my keyboard lol, the tablet will take some adjusting to but itll reallly help
mez_merising
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago

lmao this is literally me! Thanks sm and yh ~fighting fighting!~
FlawlessChicken
Rep:
?
Oooh thanks! I'll definitely check them out :hugs:
haha i'm trying to keep on top of my work so far I'm taking geography too!
Oops sorry! I meant to say use chemrevise.org not chemguide. They're both good - but chemrevise is just sosososo good. There's different revision notes for each exam board and it just shows you the stuff you need to know - none of the extra poo. It's really good for learning the stuff, but a lot of chem is application so remember to ~do those past papers~.
P.S I <3 your profile pic
Last edited by FlawlessChicken; 5 months ago
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Oops sorry! I meant to say use chemrevise.org not chemguide. They're both good - but chemrevise is just sosososo good. There's different revision notes for each exam board and it just shows you the stuff you need to know - none of the extra poo. It's really good for learning the stuff, but a lot of chem is application so remember to ~do those past papers~.
P.S I <3 your profile pic
Thank you!
Obviously doing the OCR past papers would be best, but are there any exam boards that are quite similar to do questions from?
haha ty
username4542966
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
hope things get better for you and that your tests go well! good luck
FlawlessChicken
Rep:
?
Thank you!
Obviously doing the OCR past papers would be best, but are there any exam boards that are quite similar to do questions from?
haha ty
Yh the old spec OCR past papers are somewhat similar to the new spec ones so you could try those, they're all on pmt. Tbh chemistry will always be chemistry and stuff like calculations will be in every exam board - so doing past paper questions from other exams boards is only going to help you.
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Yh the old spec OCR past papers are somewhat similar to the new spec ones so you could try those, they're all on pmt. Tbh chemistry will always be chemistry and stuff like calculations will be in every exam board - so doing past paper questions from other exams boards is only going to help you.
thank you!
FlawlessChicken
Rep:
?
16/09/19

This isn't really an update so to speak - more like a revision plan kinda thing. As much as I'd like to say that I'm organised ... I'm really not. So this is gonna be a little timetable thing to help myself. I'll try and edit this post (it'll all be in italics) while I'm doing stuff to keep track! Ugh I have an amazing plan on how this is all going to work in my head ... hopefully I follow through...

20:00 - 21:00 - UCAT mini-mock stuff - I'm focusing on VR and AR at the moment. According to my friend QR should be fine. DM is okay-ish and the SJT is just a bit weird. I know that everyone finds different sections to be their strongest or whatnot .. but after doing a lot of questions I feel like it's those sections which I need to actually spend more time on. So yh my friend was right.

I just did a mini-mock for AR and got 700. (which I'm happy with!) I learnt that I'm good guessing the answers, coz I literally knew none of the patterns to any of the set A and set B questions. I really need to get better at this perception sh*t lol.

I did a mini-mock for SJT and got a band 1 ... obviously all this stuff isn't set in stone but again I'm happy. Ngl I thought I was really bad at ethics tbh. I did some more timed practise for VR as well but that's not going as smoothly :/.

21:00 - 21:30 - Go over 'redox titrations' in prep for the chem test - mainly half equations and stuff. I have a bit of homework on the topic so I might do that too.

The homework was just to jot down the redox half equations and stuff. It doesn't look too beneficial so imma postpone it to neverland. I learnt the colours of the different titrations and the equations weewoop ... I need to do questions but that can come tomorrow!

21:30 - 22:15 - Biology revision - PHOTOSYNTHESIS - seriously I know sh*tall and the test is on Thursday AHHHHHH! + quizlet is literally calling me

I started some quizlet stuff but realised that I didn't have enough time before the test.... oops. So I decided to read a bit from the textbook and let it soak in. I got kinda bored and tbh I realised that I was over-exaggerating the amount of content I have to learn. It's not basic but I have enough time.

I got a bit bored of bio so I did more practise on medify and did a QR mini-mock. I got 850 so I'm super duper happy with myself - it's more of the reassurance but it's a nice feeling. I still need crazy amounts of practise on all my other sections tho so I can't be too complacent.

22:15 - 22:45 - safety - just in case I overrun or have a crazy mental breakdown about my bmat results + hopefully I can read some more and think about my epq

I might just read some Quran and then sleep. It's been a long day even at school :/

Dw I'll eat dinner somewhere during the revision period ... I'm not starving myself ... I promise!

Here's the tune that I have on loop/ will have on loop for all my revision period:

Spoiler:
Show

Reol - Kamisama ni natta hi .... yepyep! Reol is actually soo unknown and she defo needs more clout! She has soo many good songs and her concepts on her official music videos are just wow!

Also I'm kinda excited/scared for my bmat results like f**k I feel like I messed up on some bits but did good on others. I just wanna know what happened now! And for all of those who think I'm banging out .... let's just say that I've played too much osu! and listened to seventeen's new comeback for about a solid 2 hours after school. ~no more rest for this b*tch~

Mkay... cy'all on the other side!
Last edited by FlawlessChicken; 4 months ago
zwastix
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
16/09/19

This isn't really an update so to speak - more like a revision plan kinda thing. As much as I'd like to say that I'm organised ... I'm really not. So this is gonna be a little timetable thing to help myself and show you guys ... coz why not? I'll try and edit this post (it'll all be in italics) while I'm doing stuff to keep track! Ugh I have an amazing plan on how this is all going to work in my head ... hopefully I follow through...

20:00 - 21:00 - UCAT mini-mock stuff - I'm focusing on VR and AR at the moment. According to my friend QR should be fine. DM is okay-ish and the SJT is just a bit weird. I know that everyone finds different sections to be their strongest or whatnot .. but after doing a lot of questions I feel like it's those sections which I need to actually spend more time on. So yh my friend was right.

I just did a mini-mock for AR and got 700. (which I'm happy with!) I learnt that I'm good guessing the answers, coz I literally knew none of the patterns to any of the set A and set B questions. I really need to get better at this perception sh*t lol.

I did a mini-mock for SJT and got a band 1 ... obviously all this stuff isn't set in stone but again I'm happy. Ngl I thought I was really bad at ethics tbh. I did some more timed practise for VR as well but that's not going as smoothly :/.

21:00 - 21:30 - Go over 'redox titrations' in prep for the chem test - mainly half equations and stuff. I have a bit of homework on the topic so I might do that too.

21:30 - 22:15 - Biology revision - PHOTOSYNTHESIS - seriously I know sh*tall and the test is on Thursday AHHHHHH! + quizlet is literally calling me

22:15 - 22:45 - safety - just in case I overrun or have a crazy mental breakdown about my bmat results + hopefully I can read some more and think about my epq

Dw I'll eat dinner somewhere during the revision period ... I'm not starving myself ... I promise!

Here's the tune that I have on loop/ will have on loop for all my revision period:

Spoiler:
Show

Reol - Kamisama ni natta hi .... yepyep! Reol is actually soo unknown and she defo needs more clout! She has soo many good songs and her concepts on her official music videos are just wow!

Also I'm kinda excited/scared for my bmat results like f**k I feel like I messed up on some bits but did good on others. I just wanna know what happened now! And for all of those who think I'm banging out .... let's just say that I've played too much osu! and listened to seventeen's new comeback for about a solid 2 hours after school. ~no more rest for this b*tch~

Mkay... cy'all on the other side!
congrats on great mock scores!! hopefully they are reflective in the real thing
and sending you masses of productivity for bio and chem!! I know how it is
FlawlessChicken
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by zwastix)
congrats on great mock scores!! hopefully they are reflective in the real thing
and sending you masses of productivity for bio and chem!! I know how it is
Aww thanks... here's some productivity too! I just finished my chem sess and I feel like I've didn't do anything properly tbh.
zwastix
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Aww thanks... here's some productivity too! I just finished my chem sess and I feel like I've didn't do anything properly tbh.
honestly, I can do a whole day of chem and feel like I didn't do anything... maybe try a blurt because its a bit more active but then again, redox titrations doesn't sound like you can blurt a lot of content out haha
onwards and upwards tho! onto biology
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (199)
67.92%
No (94)
32.08%

Watched Threads