xDragneel
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys, i was wondering if I could get some help. I'm in year 11 right now and we have to start considering our a level options and i was thinking of doing: math, spanish, economics and psychology. However, psychology and Spanish aren't set in stone yet though.

I want to do either Law (main) or Business/Economics (backup) as a career choice and I'm aiming for OXBRIDGE and LSE.

I don't want to seem like im taking 'soft' subjects but I really like the idea of doing psychology and Spanish for a level.

Any help on what OXBRIDGE and top universities look for and what a levels i should take??
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you want to do a degree in law, it doesn’t matter what a levels you do as you get high grades so I would focus on business/economics degree. Plus you can always do that degree then do a conversion later. Btw essay subjects will help you for uni later but it’s not a requirement.
xDragneel
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
If you want to do a degree in law, it doesn’t matter what a levels you do as you get high grades so I would focus on business/economics degree. Plus you can always do that degree then do a conversion later. Btw essay subjects will help you for uni later but it’s not a requirement.
oh okay, thank you!!
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
xDragneel

Although obviously your right to consider Uni choices/career paths when thinking about your A-levels there is also the not so small matter of what you enjoy.

If you settle on subjects that you enjoy, then you are so much more likely to stick with them, work hard and get the grades you need. Just make sure you are keeping in mind your own interest!
chrismanning0711
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by xDragneel)
Hi guys, i was wondering if I could get some help. I'm in year 11 right now and we have to start considering our a level options and i was thinking of doing: math, spanish, economics and psychology. However, psychology and Spanish aren't set in stone yet though.

I want to do either Law (main) or Business/Economics (backup) as a career choice and I'm aiming for OXBRIDGE and LSE.

I don't want to seem like im taking 'soft' subjects but I really like the idea of doing psychology and Spanish for a level.

Any help on what OXBRIDGE and top universities look for and what a levels i should take??
If you want to study economics your gonna want to do a level maths, without maths you can only really do a BA in economics whereas a BSc is what you want to get if your doing economics
xDragneel
Rep:
?
(Original post by Evil Homer)
xDragneel

Although obviously your right to consider Uni choices/career paths when thinking about your A-levels there is also the not so small matter of what you enjoy.

If you settle on subjects that you enjoy, then you are so much more likely to stick with them, work hard and get the grades you need. Just make sure you are keeping in mind your own interest!
thank you so much, i'll keep that in mind
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.7%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
12.96%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (8)
14.81%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (6)
11.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (21)
38.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (10)
18.52%

Watched Threads