Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So basically, Im on the mini pill and on my second month third week of taking it. I haven’t missed any pills and have taken them within the 12 hrs window. We decided to have sex without a condom twice and he didn’t *** inside me on either of these occasions however three days later ( im normally due on) I get this brown discharge that then turns red and is very little. I have a few cramps and I am getting paranoid because I don’t know what to expect someone help me
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi,
Your body definitely takes a while to adjust to the pill, your first period after starting it will be a bit different from normal and my period came after it was normally due too. I’m sure everything is okay and it’s just your body adjusting. Although it does take time before the pill kicks in so you should probably still be using a condom. Hope this helps
Anonymous #3
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,
Your body definitely takes a while to adjust to the pill, your first period after starting it will be a bit different from normal and my period came after it was normally due too. I’m sure everything is okay and it’s just your body adjusting. Although it does take time before the pill kicks in so you should probably still be using a condom. Hope this helps
Most birth control pills can take upto a few months to take effect,
Give your body time to adjust to the changes ok,
And you should be using protection still regardless as although the pill is to prevent any unwanted pregnancies you still risking this chance with unprotected sex ok.
If things don't settle down consult your GP who could offer you something else or another form of birth control ok.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Most birth control pills can take upto a few months to take effect,
Give your body time to adjust to the changes ok,
And you should be using protection still regardless as although the pill is to prevent any unwanted pregnancies you still risking this chance with unprotected sex ok.
If things don't settle down consult your GP who could offer you something else or another form of birth control ok.
It takes 7 days to work for protecting pregnancy it was the GP that told me that when I got them.
Apachecow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's fine. Some girls on the mini pill don't have any periods. Light periods are common. You are fully protected in terms of contraception.

Depending on the pill, you should try and take it at the same time each day - this is more important with the mini pill than the combined pill. Check the data sheet in the box, google it or post the brand and I can find it for you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Apachecow)
It's fine. Some girls on the mini pill don't have any periods. Light periods are common. You are fully protected in terms of contraception.

Depending on the pill, you should try and take it at the same time each day - this is more important with the mini pill than the combined pill. Check the data sheet in the box, google it or post the brand and I can find it for you.
Thats so nice to know thank you! I was starting to doubt myself massively! I hate being an over thinker. It’s Desogestrel 75 microgram
Apachecow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
How to take Desogestrel

Tablets must be taken every day at about the same time so that the interval between two tablets always is 24 hours.

Management of missed tablets

Contraceptive protection may be reduced if more than 36 hours have elapsed between two tablets. If the user is less than 12 hours late in taking any tablet, the missed tablet should be taken as soon as it is remembered and the next tablet should be taken at the usual time. If she is more than 12 hours late, she should use an additional method of contraception for the next 7 days.

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/6830/smpc

So try and take it at the same time, but as you say - it seems to suggest as long as you are within 12 hours you should be protected
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (2)
22.22%
Disagree (0)
0%
Neither agree or disagree (0)
0%
Agree (4)
44.44%
Strongly Agree (3)
33.33%

Watched Threads