Antrim
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, I applied for the Public Health course, full time, with foundation year - B134 at E28.Before applying, I double checked with a SFE consultant to be sure it is one of the exception courses, as I hold a qualification from outside U.K. The SFE consultant assured me it is an exception course and it’s fully funded.Now, when my application was assessed, I found out I couldn’t get anything not a tuition fee loan nor a maintenance loan.How can this be possible??
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Antrim)
Hi, I applied for the Public Health course, full time, with foundation year - B134 at E28.Before applying, I double checked with a SFE consultant to be sure it is one of the exception courses, as I hold a qualification from outside U.K. The SFE consultant assured me it is an exception course and it’s fully funded.Now, when my application was assessed, I found out I couldn’t get anything not a tuition fee loan nor a maintenance loan.How can this be possible??
You really should ask them for the reason why and whether it is the course or your status that makes you ineligible.
STNKat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I did read on another forum that someone applied for nursing as a second degree (like me) and their application was initially rejected despite being an exception course because the person who assessed their application was new and didn’t know the rules so it’s worth a call to speak to someone to check it out.
Because of this when I sent my evidence in I wrote that my course was an exception course and that I was entitled to the loan because I had read the above story.
I haven’t heard back from my application yet though....
good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?