Dehydratedwhale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I have a hard time cutting people out of my life. As soon as they say sorry I forgive them and act like nothing happened again. I don’t know how to give people up
nathan_boachie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I know it’s more complicated than this but literally stop talking to them. Don’t actively avoid them but just passively float out of their life. Like if you see them in person don’t head in the other direction just treat them like a stranger. After a few months they’ll be out of your life.
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Do you really want to cut them out?
It’s normal for people to disagree and normal to apologise
Why do you want to get rid of them permanently?
Anonymous #1
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Dehydratedwhale)
I have a hard time cutting people out of my life. As soon as they say sorry I forgive them and act like nothing happened again. I don’t know how to give people up
It’s hard to explain but imagine it as physical rather than emotional pain. For every insult and all the abuse they hurl at you, imagine they broke a bone, gave you a black eye or hurt you instead. I’m sure you wouldn’t forgive that. Remember psychological abuse is just as bad as physical abuse.
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Depending on what they're apologising for
Dehydratedwhale
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by Sammylou40)
Do you really want to cut them out?
It’s normal for people to disagree and normal to apologise
Why do you want to get rid of them permanently?
I was talking to this guy I liked and we were at this talking stage but my best friend tells me that she wants to talk to him aswell and I said well I don’t feel comfortable with that. She only knows him through me and I think it’s so **** how she’s meant to be my best friend but doesn’t care about my feelings at all. She said she’d only go there if I say I’m okay with it but I’m not and now she doesn’t even care. I was really angry and I was like oh next time I have to be careful telling you who I’m talking to just in case you wanna talk to him too and she got pissed. But in the end I was like go for it like if u wanna talk to him do it but looks like she’s still pissed. She also called me selfish lol as if she can talk. Basically I called her after that to see if we can work things out and she doesn’t seem to want to. It’s always like this, her doing things without thinking about my feelings and acting like I’m in the wrong. She holds grudges for so long too and never seems to want to resolve things. I’m completely done with her I hate how stuck up she is
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I was talking to this guy I liked and we were at this talking stage but my best friend tells me that she wants to talk to him aswell and I said well I don’t feel comfortable with that. She only knows him through me and I think it’s so **** how she’s meant to be my best friend but doesn’t care about my feelings at all. She said she’d only go there if I say I’m okay with it but I’m not and now she doesn’t even care. I was really angry and I was like oh next time I have to be careful telling you who I’m talking to just in case you wanna talk to him too and she got pissed. But in the end I was like go for it like if u wanna talk to him do it but looks like she’s still pissed. She also called me selfish lol as if she can talk. Basically I called her after that to see if we can work things out and she doesn’t seem to want to. It’s always like this, her doing things without thinking about my feelings and acting like I’m in the wrong. She holds grudges for so long too and never seems to want to resolve things. I’m completely done with her I hate how stuck up she is
In that situation I would also end the friendship. A man isn’t worth fighting over though.
It’s the lack of regard for your feelings
NO need for drama. Just leave it and wait to see if she’s contacts you
Dehydratedwhale
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
In that situation I would also end the friendship. A man isn’t worth fighting over though.
Thank you )) u helped a lot
aesthetic21
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
yes i agree with that too, you don't realise how toxic and bad some people are until you leave and move on.
SAPPHIRE368
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You should definitely cut her off , she sounds like a very toxic "friend " who completely diregards your feelings
Dehydratedwhale
Rep:
?
(Original post by aesthetic21)
yes i agree with that too, you don't realise how toxic and bad some people are until you leave and move on.
Completely agree it’s just she’s probably thinking the same thing that I’m toxic😭
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
Completely agree it’s just she’s probably thinking the same thing that I’m toxic😭
But if you talked to him first a true best friend would not be like "can i talk to him too" like what?? :noway:

But yes i agree too, cut her off

I used to do the same thing as you, forgiving people even when they've done me wrong cause i thought i would be alone or lonely without them
But when i started talking less to them and started moving on to new, better people i realised i was better off without them in my life.
Dehydratedwhale
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
But if you talked to him first a true best friend would not be like "can i talk to him too" like what?? :noway:

But yes i agree too, cut her off

I used to do the same thing as you, forgiving people even when they've done me wrong cause i thought i would be alone or lonely without them
But when i started talking less to them and started moving on to new, better people i realised i was better off without them in my life.
I hope that’ll be me one day
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (283)
15.29%
Uncertainty around my education (290)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (184)
9.94%
Isolating with family (131)
7.08%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (85)
4.59%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (154)
8.32%
Loneliness (184)
9.94%
Financial worries (76)
4.11%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (170)
9.18%
Exposure to negative news/social media (132)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (162)
8.75%

Watched Threads