Lewshee
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Harford98)
Don't panic! You don't need your A-level certificates. This is what they said to bring...

- Degree certificate or official transcript (as I've graduated),
- GCSE Maths and English certificate or certifying statement of results or equivalent,
- Passport
- Visa (for non-UK/EEA application)
- Name change documentation if applicable

And all must be original documents and not photocopies!

Hope that helps
Thank you so much.
Lewshee
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How long did you all wait for the information email after your call? I spoke on the phone with Frontline this afternoon and they said they’ll send me an email with all the info and it still hasn’t arrived.
mattjdobson
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think I’m now booked on the morning slot of 26th all a bit last minute as the following dates aren’t until 8th October and I’m desperate to get a place in North east and don’t wanna miss out if I manage to get on. Think I’m going to have to travel the day before and stay in a hostel overnight haha
Last edited by mattjdobson; 1 month ago
mattjdobson
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RVL(BL))
I am on the 26th morning slot at 08:45. Trying to work out cheapest/best way to travel but is so expensive however I do it
I think I'm in the same slot. Will have to travel down from Newcastle the day before
Lewshee
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mattjdobson)
I think I’m now booked on the morning slot of 26th all a bit last minute as the following dates aren’t until 8th October and I’m desperate to get a place in North east and don’t wanna miss out if I manage to get on. Think I’m going to have to travel the day before and stay in a hostel overnight haha
I’m really hoping for a North East allocation if I get a place too! I don’t think they actually begin allocating until next year though.
mattjdobson
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lewshee)
I’m really hoping for a North East allocation if I get a place too! I don’t think they actually begin allocating until next year though.
Ar. Thats something I guess. My husband cant move with me anywhere as our house comes with his job in Newcastle, which I've explained in my application but whether that means anything or not who knows. I know its important people are able to move where they are needed most, but if they have space in the North East (or any area for that matter) you'd think (well I guess I'd think) what better people to be there than folk who already know the area/geography/social context etc. But hey ho haha.

I applied to Teach First a couple years ago and they offered me South Yorkshire and I had to eventually turn it down because it wouldn't have worked. I guess I'm not as upwardly mobile as others.
Lewshee
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ar. Thats something I guess. My husband cant move with me anywhere as our house comes with his job in Newcastle, which I've explained in my application but whether that means anything or not who knows. I know its important people are able to move where they are needed most, but if they have space in the North East (or any area for that matter) you'd think (well I guess I'd think) what better people to be there than folk who already know the area/geography/social context etc. But hey ho haha.

I applied to Teach First a couple years ago and they offered me South Yorkshire and I had to eventually turn it down because it wouldn't have worked. I guess I'm not as upwardly mobile as others.
I’m 90% sure that people who have commitments are more likely to get places in their region of choice so you have a good chance of staying in NE!

I don’t have a mortgage or house or anything like that but I really want to stay in the North East - I live in County Durham. I don’t think that it’s the most sought after place in terms of applications. From what I’ve seen people who have priotised the North West and London are more likely to get placed somewhere different because they’re just receiving too many requests for those locations.

I kinda hope being in the assesment centre early will give me a better chance though. I’m not sure what I’d do if I was placed somewhere else but I guess being flexible is part of it. Still hoping for my home region though!
Last edited by Lewshee; 1 month ago
emorganx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me a little insight into how much relevant work experience they had before applying? I've volunteered at a community organisation for homeless/vulnerable and at uni was a buddy scheme mentor. I'm scared that it won't be enough! I've recently left my part-time job and looking for relevant work in the mean-time, however by the looks of things it seems better to apply now than later.. Just looking for some reassurance!!
Lewshee
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by emorganx)
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me a little insight into how much relevant work experience they had before applying? I've volunteered at a community organisation for homeless/vulnerable and at uni was a buddy scheme mentor. I'm scared that it won't be enough! I've recently left my part-time job and looking for relevant work in the mean-time, however by the looks of things it seems better to apply now than later.. Just looking for some reassurance!!
I don’t have any work experience related to social work. The only programme I know which required experience is Step up To Social Work which is run by the government. X
Alixx77
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey! Great to find this thread. I’ve been waiting to apply since hearing about frontline earlier this year. However I’m in Canada until mid November. Not ideal! But at least I can do all online stuff from here.

However, I have just read (too late) on their website it says to submit dates you can’t attend the AC with your application.

I didn’t see a space to write that? Do you think I should email them?

I haven’t done my online test yet, but don’t want to fall at the first hurdle as I did put current location as Vancouver so they know I’m away...

God never been so gutted to be away 🙈 I really thought it was open til January until applications opened - and my flight home is already booked!
Last edited by Alixx77; 1 month ago
RVL(BL)
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think I'm in the same slot. Will have to travel down from Newcastle the day before
Yeah I'm having to travel from Liverpool the day before
mattjdobson
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RVL(BL))
Yeah I'm having to travel from Liverpool the day before
Sucks don’t it. Gonna cost a fortune
mollyyca
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've made it to the assessment centre! I'm booked for the 8th of October!
Lucyc1.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mollyyca)
Well done on getting through! When did you do your video interview? I am still waiting to hear back.
Hkay18
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mollyyca)
Brill! I would have liked to have gone on the 8th but I'm working unfortunately.
mollyyca
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lucyc1.)
Well done on getting through! When did you do your video interview? I am still waiting to hear back.
I completed it on Friday and I heard back Sunday evening
Hkay18
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lucyc1.)
I did mine on Thursday last week, and heard back on Sunday but I think they're still letting people know so I wouldn't worry. No news isn't bad news!
GHG20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi all, just received my invitation for the video interview which I intend to do tomorrow after some read ups
agg11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GHG20)
Hi all, just received my invitation for the video interview which I intend to do tomorrow after some read ups
same! I don't know what kind of questions to expect!
GHG20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by agg11)
same! I don't know what kind of questions to expect!
So nerving when you don’t know what to expect! I’ve read up on the competencies and the leadership statement so much and prepared myself but hate not knowing what to expect 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (84)
18.54%
Labour (189)
41.72%
Liberal Democrats (93)
20.53%
Green Party (33)
7.28%
Brexit Party (15)
3.31%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (6)
1.32%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.1%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)