GHG20
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hkay18)
They aren't too difficult honestly, just have a look at the competencies and make sure you have an example at hand for them and practice your speaking into the webcam so you don't stumble over your words! It really is mostly about your motivation and having a genuine interest in Social Work and what it entails. I can't give too much away but hope that helps
Where would I get an example from? It would help massively if I could speak to someone I knew who was a social worker but unfortunately I don’t! I’ve got a little inside of working with disadvantaged children but within education. I just hope my passion and motivation for wanting to become a social worker comes across within the questions they ask! Thank you xx
GHG20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GHG20)
Where would I get an example from? It would help massively if I could speak to someone I knew who was a social worker but unfortunately I don’t! I’ve got a little inside of working with disadvantaged children but within education. I just hope my passion and motivation for wanting to become a social worker comes across within the questions they ask! Thank you xx
Have you already done your cohort year or are you through to the next stage of the assessment centre? Congrats! Xx
JLW1985
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I found out yesterday that I was successful at the assessment centre stage, I now just hope they're the able to give me a local placement as I have no flexibility with moving, but just so chuffed to have got through the assessment day! My advice would be just be yourself, all the best to those of you with assessment centres coming up 😊
GHG20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JLW1985)
I found out yesterday that I was successful at the assessment centre stage, I now just hope they're the able to give me a local placement as I have no flexibility with moving, but just so chuffed to have got through the assessment day! My advice would be just be yourself, all the best to those of you with assessment centres coming up
Huge congratulations!! Any idea when you will find out about placements?
JLW1985
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GHG20)
Huge congratulations!! Any idea when you will find out about placements?
Thanks. I've got a feeling i saw somewhere that it was April time, but i may be wrong. I should have asked when they phoned yesterday but was too shocked to think of any questions!
GHG20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks. I've got a feeling i saw somewhere that it was April time, but i may be wrong. I should have asked when they phoned yesterday but was too shocked to think of any questions!
I’d imagine you would of been! Hopefully you will be local!
EVVE
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mollyyca)
I've made it to the assessment centre! I'm booked for the 8th of October!
Congratulations! How long do you get to complete the video interview after getting through sending in the application and tests?
JLW1985
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by EVVE)
Congratulations! How long do you get to complete the video interview after getting through sending in the application and tests?
I think it was 7 days once you receive the video interview link.
agg11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hkay18)
They aren't too difficult honestly, just have a look at the competencies and make sure you have an example at hand for them and practice your speaking into the webcam so you don't stumble over your words! It really is mostly about your motivation and having a genuine interest in Social Work and what it entails. I can't give too much away but hope that helps
Ah this is very helpful! I'm literally listing out so many examples! Thank youuu!!
Harford98
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I found out yesterday that I was successful at the assessment centre stage, I now just hope they're the able to give me a local placement as I have no flexibility with moving, but just so chuffed to have got through the assessment day! My advice would be just be yourself, all the best to those of you with assessment centres coming up 😊
Amazing! Congratulations Do you have any advice for the role play? Thanks!
Leja101
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Amazing congrats! How long was it between the assessment centre you attended and you finding out?
Lewshee
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just want to say hello to all that we’re at the assesment centre this afternoon! Really lovely to meet you all and I wish you all the best with the rest of the process. X
JLW1985
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Leja101)
Amazing congrats! How long was it between the assessment centre you attended and you finding out?
Thank you!! Two working days!!
Repancakes
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lewshee)
Just want to say hello to all that we’re at the assesment centre this afternoon! Really lovely to meet you all and I wish you all the best with the rest of the process. X
So nice to meet you yesterday!! I keep thinking about how I wish we could all get placed as everyone I met at the AC was sooo lovely!
agg11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GHG20)
Have you completed your video? x
Harford98
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there, I have my Assessment Centre tomorrow afternoon. Does anyone else have theirs then?
Repancakes
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi guys just to let everyone know I'm through!!!!! I'm so happy!! They've just called me (2 working days after my AC) so they're working really fast this year! Good luck to everyone else! X
Lewshee
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Repancakes)
Hi guys just to let everyone know I'm through!!!!! I'm so happy!! They've just called me (2 working days after my AC) so they're working really fast this year! Good luck to everyone else! X
I am so happy for you! Congratulations!!! I haven’t heard back yet so not sure if it’ll be good or bad news. Xx
Repancakes
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lewshee)
I am so happy for you! Congratulations!!! I haven’t heard back yet so not sure if it’ll be good or bad news. Xx
No news is always good news so just hold out!! They'll be making their way down the list as we speak!! I also think I get priority news because I'm a BAME candidate so that's why they've contacted me so fast! x
carlyfrans
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Everyone, I found out this week that I passed the assessment centre and was offered a place! Very excited to start and good luck to everyone with their assessments centres coming up! I also found out very quickly (2 working days) about the outcome, I'm impressed with how quick the process is
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (11)
73.33%
No I haven't decided yet (2)
13.33%
Yes but I might change my mind (2)
13.33%

Watched Threads