The Student Room Group

Should I be worried?

I’m worried about muni maths grade because I’m going into year 10 and I can hardly divide. I think I’m going to be behind and that I’ll do terrible in my mocks and in my GCSE’s what should I do to understand maths better?
start what you know and build up. Textbooks are a great way to start and once you understand the theory try past paper questions. It's how I did it during GCSEs (from grade D to A). If you're stuck look at YouTube videos or ask your teacher during break times or end of lessons
Original post by ddsizebra
start what you know and build up. Textbooks are a great way to start and once you understand the theory try past paper questions. It's how I did it during GCSEs (from grade D to A). If you're stuck look at YouTube videos or ask your teacher during break times or end of lessons

Got it! Thanks much appreciated!
Original post by SCAREDYSTUDENT
I’m worried about muni maths grade because I’m going into year 10 and I can hardly divide. I think I’m going to be behind and that I’ll do terrible in my mocks and in my GCSE’s what should I do to understand maths better?

Theres this website called HEGARTY MATHS it contains every topic in maths! the videos range from 2-9 minutes! And they have small quizzes with about 5-10 questions on each topic. Use this and watch one or two videos every night and right each video down in a little book and read it before you go to bed. It will approximately take you no longer than an hour! To watch both videos and do both quizzes each night. But on weekends do no revision only on weeknights. You need a clear balance between school and relaxing the worst thing you can do is stress! I never went to any maths lessons but a few months before my exams i used this website and its the only reason i passed! I wish you the best of luck! xx
Original post by Rose_Wheeler
Theres this website called HEGARTY MATHS it contains every topic in maths! the videos range from 2-9 minutes! And they have small quizzes with about 5-10 questions on each topic. Use this and watch one or two videos every night and right each video down in a little book and read it before you go to bed. It will approximately take you no longer than an hour! To watch both videos and do both quizzes each night. But on weekends do no revision only on weeknights. You need a clear balance between school and relaxing the worst thing you can do is stress! I never went to any maths lessons but a few months before my exams i used this website and its the only reason i passed! I wish you the best of luck! xx

Lifesaver!
Honestly I am so grateful.
I got so embarrassed last year whenever the teacher asked me something and I didn’t know but now I hope I’ll regain my mathematic confidence
Lifesaver!
Honestly I am so grateful.
I got so embarrassed last year whenever the teacher asked me something and I didn’t know but now I hope I’ll regain my mathematic confidence

Honestly i knew absolutely nothing! But i 100% recommend that website it will honestly bring your grades up with in a couple days! i had to start from basics but maybe if you already know some stuff you will be a step ahead. And i also recommend making a few flash cards with some formulas on. Just because they are like key to the exams! xx
Honestly i knew absolutely nothing! But i 100% recommend that website it will honestly bring your grades up with in a couple days! i had to start from basics but maybe if you already know some stuff you will be a step ahead. And i also recommend making a few flash cards with some formulas on. Just because they are like key to the exams! xx

Does to have algebra too?
Does to have algebra too?

Yeah it has every topic of maths, there are like 800+ topics! All with videos and quizzes! Xx
Yeah it has every topic of maths, there are like 800+ topics! All with videos and quizzes! Xx

I am afraid i cannot use this website as my school isn’t with it and you cannot sign up without being in a school that’s signed with it.

Quick Reply

Latest