Badges: 8
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
After doing my A Levels last year, I began to look into different career choices. One that really stood out to me was becoming a health play specialist. This involves quite a few steps:
Completing a level 3 in childcare (currently doing)
Having two years experience post level 3
Applying to do a 2 year foundation degree whilst working in the sector

I am currently working in a nursery and completing my level 3 on the side. Once I finish this, I hope to work in my nursery for a year or so and then move onto finding roles in play therapy. However, from what I've seen so far there's very limited information regarding this. Before starting my foundation degree I would like to get some experience in the sector - I also need to be working in this sector when completing my degree to complete a set number of hours for my course .
My question is this - does anyone know how I can gain access to work experience opportunities to get me into the sector. I wouldn't even mind volunteering alongside working at my nursery. If anyone has any contacts in London hospitals or knows of any schemes/anything that could help me - please let me know!

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
new posts
to top
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.


Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (74)
I don't have everything I need (42)

Watched Threads

View All