The Student Room Group

Holiday pay - not paid

Is this actually legal? In my contract there is a lot of text about it. My company state you should take your holiday by end of employment. Then there are further terms and the Working Time Regulations Act is used within it.

I googled the WTRA. It appears to say that it's illegal to not pay out holiday pay that hasbeen accrued but NOT taken. Excess is a different thing.

I quizzed the HR on this and asked by what law are they using to say that I should take my holiday by end of employment. No reply, not even after chasing her up, despite the fact that we had been talking on e-mail.

What grounds do I have if any?
Original post by Toums
Is this actually legal? In my contract there is a lot of text about it. My company state you should take your holiday by end of employment. Then there are further terms and the Working Time Regulations Act is used within it.

I googled the WTRA. It appears to say that it's illegal to not pay out holiday pay that hasbeen accrued but NOT taken. Excess is a different thing.

I quizzed the HR on this and asked by what law are they using to say that I should take my holiday by end of employment. No reply, not even after chasing her up, despite the fact that we had been talking on e-mail.

What grounds do I have if any?

The Acas helpline number is 0300 123 1100. It is available Monday to Friday 8am-6pm or ring CAB.
I agree with ringing ACAS as contracts can be confusing, especially when trying to explain them to other people. Most companies will pay out any accrued but untaken holiday pay to staff who are leaving but some will say you have to take it as holiday before you leave or lose it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending