The Student Room Group

The Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2020!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 20somethinggrad
Has anyone heard from Gowling WLG following the Arctic Shores assessment?

I have - I was invited to video interview a few days after completing the arctic shores test. I'm waiting for the results of the video interview... I completed it ages ago so concerned now that it's PFO
Links TC offer post vac scheme!

Best of luck everyone and keep going! Anyone applying to Linklaters, please feel free to DM me any questions :smile:
Hey guys :smile:, I’m just starting to look into law however was wondering other than the magic circle, what are the other most prestige law firms. I’m having a look and I feel overwhelmed by the amount out there!
Reply 1983
Original post by OLS151294

Best of luck everyone and keep going! Anyone applying to Linklaters, please feel free to DM me any questions :smile:

Amazing news, well done!!

That's amazing news. Congrats
Is Apply4law down for everyone? Very annoying!

Amazing. Congratulations! You should be really proud of yourself !
Original post by Purpbanks
Is Apply4law down for everyone? Very annoying!

Yes I am experiencing the same issue. A bit annoying as I wanted to submit some apps
Original post by Aspiringlawyeras
Hey Congratulations! Can I ask when the HSF assessment centre days are to be scheduled for? I have not heard anything back from them so just worried that it’s going to be a rejection if they are coming up soon.

Thanks! All the dates they initially offered me were actually this past week, but mine is on Monday as couldn't make any of those (I was abroad).

I know it seems easy to assume rejection but honestly you don't know until you hear back! Best of luck :smile:
If HSF has offered Summer AC's, I assume they have offered Spring AC's. No-one seems to have heard on here though.
Original post by DCDCo
If HSF has offered Summer AC's, I assume they have offered Spring AC's. No-one seems to have heard on here though.

Yeah I’ve reached the same conclusion. Kinda wish they’d just reject on the spot though - the wait is so horrible.
Original post by Student24m
Yeah I’ve reached the same conclusion. Kinda wish they’d just reject on the spot though - the wait is so horrible.

Hah yeah, its a nightmare! I'm fearing the worst and moving along :smile:
Reply 1992
Is HSF doing a couple of ACs? I know they did one for summer VS back in November and now in January
(edited 4 years ago)
Do Hogan Lovells email if you pass their test?
Original post by asg37
Is HSF doing a couple of ACs? I know they did one for summer VS back in November and now in January

Do you have that confirmed? I remember GR explicitly stating they would not offer spaces until the window was closed.
Reply 1995
Original post by DCDCo
Do you have that confirmed? I remember GR explicitly stating they would not offer spaces until the window was closed.

One of my friends attended but she sadly got rejected, so maybe they only give out rejections but wait for offers until the window is closed
Original post by asg37
One of my friends attended but she sadly got rejected, so maybe they only give out rejections but wait for offers until the window is closed

That would tie in with what I have heard. Thanks for the update.
Reply 1997
Direct TC apps for LL - we will probably hear back towards the end of next week or the week after because they will hold the A/Cs starting in the last week of Jan/start of Feb. My friend is a paralegal at LL and this is what he has been told. Grad Rec were running the interviews for the vac schemes last week and this week so they should be wrapping up with those soon and move onto the direct TC apps.
Reply 1998
For those waiting to hear back from firms, I would encourage you to wait for an official email instead of assuming the worst -- I just received an AC invitation from HSF after convincing myself that I would receive a PFO (since many had said AC invites went out much earlier this week).

Also, I would really appreciate any tips regarding HSF's AC! This is my first ever AC, so I'm rather nervous :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by kth99
For those waiting to hear back from firms, I would say to just wait for your official email instead of assuming the outcome -- I just received an AC invitation from HSF after convincing myself that I wouldn't get one.

Also, if anyone has any tips regarding HSF's AC, I would really appreciate it! This is my first ever AC and I've heard HSF's is quite difficult, so I'm rather nervous :smile:

Congrats!
When did you apply? I passed their test on 29th November and I’m still waiting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending