lolllllhelp
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi guys I am in year 13 and confused. I am not sure if I should take sociology or teaching degree. I feel if I get in teaching there is no turning back to another career path because it’s so pacific. On the other hand sociology you can do a lot. My main question is if was to do sociology can still became a primary school teacher instead of high school teacher because obviously primary kids don’t learn sociology? Overall I don’t wanna waste a degree on teaching if might not end up doing it who knows plzz help.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lolllllhelp)
Hi guys I am in year 13 and confused. I am not sure if I should take sociology or teaching degree. I feel if I get in teaching there is no turning back to another career path because it’s so pacific. On the other hand sociology you can do a lot. My main question is if was to do sociology can still became a primary school teacher instead of high school teacher because obviously primary kids don’t learn sociology? Overall I don’t wanna waste a degree on teaching if might not end up doing it who knows plzz help.
Hi lolllllhelp

It is great to hear you are interested in studying at university. You would be able to get into Primary Teaching after you have completed your degree. As long as you have a GCSE in English, Maths and Science, as well as some experience volunteering in a school setting, you will be fine.

Hope this helps.
Dom
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (188)
23.98%
Pop (191)
24.36%
Jazz (30)
3.83%
Classical (46)
5.87%
Hip-Hop (148)
18.88%