A Level business - should I take it or no? Watch

Fpatel01
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Is it true when people say a Level business isn’t that respected by universities? I’ve always thought that business is a good subject to do because it practically goes with everything! I’ve been thinking about taking business as an a Level/btec but if it’s overlooked then I don’t want to risk it
If I do end up taking it is it better to do the a level option or the btec option?
I’m already doing what I have to do which is computer science and maths and it’s what I’m interested in so I can do anything as my third subject but I want it to have a link to my other two
GgbroTG
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
There's nothing inherently wrong with Business, but if you do take it's definitely worth taking the A-level rather than the BTEC, if possible. In my experience, BTEC Business is often taken by people with no idea what their third subject should be, leading to somewhat poor performance and possibly the lack of respect you mentioned. However, if you're taking Business alongside Maths and CS, you should be fine whether your third subject is 'respected' or not - they're solid subjects that will certainly look good on any application. One of the sciences would complement your choices better (ideally Physics), but if that's outside your area of interest then it's not worth doing. Economics might also be a better choice, if your school offers it? What are you planning on studying at university (assuming you plan to, that is)?
Fpatel01
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by GgbroTG)
There's nothing inherently wrong with Business, but if you do take it's definitely worth taking the A-level rather than the BTEC, if possible. In my experience, BTEC Business is often taken by people with no idea what their third subject should be, leading to somewhat poor performance and possibly the lack of respect you mentioned. However, if you're taking Business alongside Maths and CS, you should be fine whether your third subject is 'respected' or not - they're solid subjects that will certainly look good on any application. One of the sciences would complement your choices better (ideally Physics), but if that's outside your area of interest then it's not worth doing. Economics might also be a better choice, if your school offers it? What are you planning on studying at university (assuming you plan to, that is)?
I would like to study computer science
Yes physics is a good choice but I don’t want to take it as I know that I won’t do well in it as I’m not interested in it as much as I am with maths and computer science
I was actually considering economics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?